Author Topic: Some Last.fm love disappeared with 3.3.7115  (Read 1649 times)

Tybot

Been scratching my head the last couple of days while browsing through my library. Tracks that I thought I had marked with the last.fm love suddenly appeared as not loved. Just confirmed that I wasn't losing my mind by checking an album I know for sure had a lot of tracks marked as loved but doesn't anymore.

Updated to 3.3.7115 a couple of weeks ago, the only major change I can think of. The "store rating in music file" option is checked but I assume this only applies to star ratings so I guess there's no way for me to recover the tracks marked as loved by downgrading or restoring tags etc? Has anyone else experienced this?

Steven

• Administrator
as i mentioned in the release notes, you now need to have "synchronise loved tracks" enabled in the last.fm plugin settings

Tybot

Are they still "Loved" at last.fm?

as i mentioned in the release notes, you now need to have "synchronise loved tracks" enabled in the last.fm plugin settings

I don't use last.fm. Didn't even have an account. I just used that function to mark favorite tracks.  

I have now created an account and activated the plugin with the enabled setting suggested by steven so hopefully the tracks will keep their "love" rating from now on.

Edit: Yeah, so that was not a good idea... Apparently it synced to my newly created account which didn't have any loved tracks and I've now lost the rating for about 1,300 tracks. Disabling the plugin again doesn't seem to bring them back. Suggestions or screwed?
Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 06:13:04 PM by Tybot

Steven

• Administrator
restore your last backup of musicbeelibrary.mbl in the root Music folder
also MB keeps the last copy as musicbeelibrary.bak

Tybot

restore your last backup of musicbeelibrary.mbl in the root Music folder
also MB keeps the last copy as musicbeelibrary.bak

Thanks a lot! Everything back as it was.

Can I keep using last.fm love just as a way to mark favorite tracks or is this function now dependent on the plugin being enabled with the settings you described above? I have absolutely no interest in last.fm apart from this so as long as the tracks stays marked in my library though future MB updates, I'm all good.