Author Topic: Adding music file  (Read 5074 times)

harolnick

I know you've tried to answer this a thousand times, but,having just turned onto MusicBee (I love it), and being a simple-minded writer, I can't figger it out yet.

Briefly: My whole Itunes library was easily imported into MusicBee. An hour ago, I downloaded another MP3 piece of music, which automatically went into another directory (Downmusic), and could then be easily imported into Itunes.

So...I've tried every way to get it into MusicBee, but the closest I get it "Playlist", which is not the same as the original MusicBee library. Tried to add it onto the Music Bee directory in the Root Drive (but a message says I must update" the MusicBee library in library preferences). Have tried other stuff too,

Itunes was a snap: "Import new file", which I do, Is there anything on MusicBee equivalent to that? With an easy explanation!

Many thanks

sveakul

You didn't say what type or version of MusicBee you have installed (Windows Store, Installer, Portable) or if you're using monitored folders, etc. but normally you can add a file from anywhere on your PC into the MB Library by dropping the MB menu File-->Add Files to Library, which then brings up a regular Windows window allowing you to browse to and select the file(s) you want to add.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

What sveakul says will work great for one file at a time. For more on monitored folders and other options see https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Importing.
Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 06:01:35 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Greetings,

As with most of the functionality built into MusicBee, there are many ways to achieve similar results. I always and only ever use the import method (suggested by Sveakul).

I download or rip music files into a folder called 'All new tracks'.

Select the folder that contains your new music, highlight all the new tracks, and click OK.

I then use an auto-playlist configured with 'Most recently added', and check the list of new tracks for tags, original release year and best album art etc.

Regards: Freddy
Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 11:45:14 AM by Freddy Barker

harolnick

Many thanks to you all. So many information bars on the top that I ignored the most important of all. There was "File", "add to library" and voila! It was done. Stupid of me, terrific of you all for answering