Author Topic: Grouping options  (Read 2950 times)

jrlx

It would be nice to have the option of grouping albums in the main panel by "Genre", "Genre Category" or any other configurable tag, appart from "Album", "Artist" and "Composer" like in the current version.

If this could be done in a hierarchical fashion it would be really useful. An example of hierarchical grouping would be:

Genre category/Genre/Composer/Album

Of course, this should be user configurable.

jlarrym

Hi jrlx

When grouping by Album, you can set up a custom sort that appears to me to be able to achieve the results you desire. Just go to Sort By and click on Define Custom Sorting. Set up the sort you want. Then in Sort By your custom sort should show up. I hope this meets your needs.

jrlx

Thank you for your suggestion. I've tested with a few custom sorts but this only determines in which order albums are displayed. They don't get grouped. The request would be to have all "Classical" albuns grouped under one artwork, all "Jazz" albums grouped under another artwork, etc. This is already possible when grouping by Artist or Composer.

Conclusion, I'd like to keep this request in the wishlist.

VX

If the feature is implemented I'd like to see grouping by Genre Category as well.

jrlx

My initial suggestion was that this feature should be configurable by the user: it should be possible to choose the grouping tag and it would be great if a few different configurations could be saved

jlarrym

+1 Now that you have cleared up my misunderstanding of "Grouping", I agree that this feature should be expanded as you have stated.