Author Topic: Play/Pause Button inputs twice when Windows 10 Media Control Overlay is enabled.  (Read 19517 times)

AinselLee

So I use musicbee from the windows store. When I installed the plugin Windows 10 Media Control Overlay, the play/pause button on my surface labtop inputs twice, however the play/pause button on my bluetooth headphones work normally. Disabling the plugin will make the play/pause button work properly however. I am using version 3.3.7115 of MusicBee and Media Controls 1.0.1. When I first got this plugin, it use to work so I'm not sure what changed.
Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 02:48:18 AM by AinselLee

mzmlc

It's not just that plugin. I just updated from 3.2 update 2 and get the same problem, plus skipping to the next track doesn't play it until I hit the play button (the UI controls work fine, it's just KB/M input). I even downgraded back to 3.2 and the issue carried over. I had to go into appdata and delete the musicbee folders from local and roaming, then reinstall 3.2. I have the issue with clean settings for 3.3 and reimported saved settings to both 3.3 and 3.2. It works fine with my reimported settings in 3.2 now that I deleted the appdata folders.
Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 03:23:43 PM by mzmlc

Steven

• Administrator
(the UI controls work fine, it's just KB/M input)
can you explain this statement further as i am not clear what you mean eg. which UI controls work fine, which KB/Mouse input are you referring to?
Are you saying you have this issue without the plugin enabled or only when the plugin is enabled?

I_Tichy

For me, the issue is purely with keyboard media controls (pause/play, previous, next).  They all input twice.  I've tried it with the "media control" plugin both enabled and disabled, and the issue persisted regardless.  One thing worth nothing, the issue does seem to briefly sort itself out when enabling/disabling the plugin, but it reverts to doubling input to musicbee after a restart.  I double-checked, and this issue is not occurring in any other media player on my PC currently.

Steven

• Administrator
For me, the issue is purely with keyboard media controls (pause/play, previous, next).  They all input twice.  I've tried it with the "media control" plugin both enabled and disabled, and the issue persisted regardless.  One thing worth nothing, the issue does seem to briefly sort itself out when enabling/disabling the plugin, but it reverts to doubling input to musicbee after a restart.  I double-checked, and this issue is not occurring in any other media player on my PC currently.
Just for complete clarity, you disabled the plugin and restarted MB and it still happens? ie. the plugin is unrelated to the issue

Secondly, in the hotkey mappings, can you confirm you are mapping
Playback: Play/Pause
and
Multimedia: Play/Pause
to different keys?

And lastly, you appear to have been a musicbee user for some time. What changed for this to start happening?

I_Tichy

I apologize, some of that was fake news :-[ .  I tried disabling/enabling the plugin and restarting musicbee a few more times to be sure, and it does seem that the overlay plugin is causing the issue.  I don't get double pause/play, next/previous when it's disabled.  It was certainly not the most recent update that caused the problem, but it hasn't persisted for that long maybe  few months...?  I'm not sure exactly when it became a problem since for a while I believed it was a general windows 10 issue rather than being related to musicbee specifically.

zkhcohen

AinselLee

could you try this version of the plugin:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q1ys9mlr66gz6im/mb_MediaControl.dll/file

Ok, for me an issue still remains. You see, originally with the plugin enabled, I would be able to use the buttons on my head phones but my screen controls would no longer work as expected (they would double click). However, without the keyboard button would work as expected but my headphones wouldn't (they wouldn't seem to do anything at all). With the new plugin, my keyboard button works properly with the plugin enabled but now my headphone buttons don't work (it appears they act as double click now because when I click them I hear a small stutter.

Steven

• Administrator
i wont be able to help further with this.
For any developer wanting to fully address the issue, the source code for the plugin is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qya3vl38guelumc/MediaControlSource.zip

zkhcohen

Ok, for me an issue still remains. You see, originally with the plugin enabled, I would be able to use the buttons on my head phones but my screen controls would no longer work as expected (they would double click). However, without the keyboard button would work as expected but my headphones wouldn't (they wouldn't seem to do anything at all). With the new plugin, my keyboard button works properly with the plugin enabled but now my headphone buttons don't work (it appears they act as double click now because when I click them I hear a small stutter.

Do you use Google Chrome? It can cause a conflict with the Media Control.

AinselLee

Do you use Google Chrome? It can cause a conflict with the Media Control.

No, I use firefox.

Steven

• Administrator
Rather than disabling the player controls in the plugin, i will look to make a change in MusicBee itself. I think what is going on is Microsoft made a change so the media control overlay now captures media keys. So MusicBee captures the media key and so does the media control overlay, which the plugin (in the previous version) was sending to MusicBee and hence doubling the effect in MusicBee.