Author Topic: last.fm scrobble cache  (Read 4254 times)

Danielj

When I'm offline it says that tracks listened will be scrobbled when I have internet connection again. However some tracks I listened to a few days ago are still not scrobbled.

When are cached scrobbles getting scrobbled to last.fm? - I've tried restarting musicbee, restarting the last.fm plugin etc (though restarted the plugin after a few days because I was not sure if it would clear the cache or not) but nothing seems to send them.

Where is the scrobble cache stored? - Without knowing this it's impossible to know if the tracks are still in cache waiting to get sent or not. It would be really convenient with some text like "10 tracks waiting to get scrobbled" so I would have some peace of mind, I'm on an unstable internet connection right now and it would really suck if tracks continues to randomly not get scrobbled whenever my connection drops out for a bit. It would also be nice with a way to manually trigger the scrobbles in cache, some "Scrobble cache now" button in settings or such.

Danielj

It seems like I'm not the only one who has this problem, someone posted it on reddit but they didn't get a useful reply: https://www.reddit.com/r/musicbee/comments/awwl4b/offline_lastfm_scrobbling_doesnt_work_anymore/

Danielj

Could someone help with this? I'm still losing all scrobbles when I'm offline.

Danielj

At least you should change the wording of this error, since it gives the impression that tracks are saved to be scrobbled later but it doesn't actually behave like that.

Steven

• Administrator
yes it does look like the scrobble cache is not saved if the issue is with not having an internet connection (as opposed to a failure on the last.fm side which should work)
This fixes the issue:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

Danielj

Brian_Mahdi

thank you so much! this was the only problem with musicbee. now it's the perfect music player  ;) please include this patch in future updates