Author Topic: In multiple track selections identical fields show as MIXED  (Read 3674 times)

WimYogya

Hello Steven and others,

My problem in brief:
My customized fields PERFORMERS (and others) show greyed MIXED upon multiple selections - also if the content is NOT mixed, but exactly the same for all individual tracks.

I use the tab tag2 for customized fields for classical music.
Separate fields for vocalists, instrumentalists, choir, orchestra, conductor.
In the end I create (with ASR) a combination 'export' field PERFORMERS where all previous interpreters come together.

Since some time there is a strange error in those fields.
If I have (example) an opera with 25 tracks and I fill in ALL 25 track fields with the same info and then 'export' all of them to PERFORMERS, the performers field does NOT show the identical content for all interpreters, but says MIXED - which is incorrect because ALL are the same.
This happens with the individual fields as well (vocalists, instrumentalists etc).

That makes multiple checking/editing very complicated, because you can not SEE any details in the field. Must open 1 by 1, change, copy to the 24 other tracks if necessary 1 by 1.

Can you check this phenomenon please?
Thanks,
Wim

PS
See my separate related post about a customized field

WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Pingaware

Have you checked the files using Tag Inspector? Sometimes it's quite easy to miss minor differences using just the normal editor. If you upload a few sample files, I'll be able to check them to see if I can spot anything wrong.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

WimYogya

Hello Pingaware,

Thanks for your willingness to help!
I tried to prepare the proper tools for you - finding out how to create and upload them.
I collected 10 opera tracks in a zip file.
And made 5 different screenshots in Windows+ and Paint with numbered comments.

But...
I cannot find how to get them to you.
Searched in the Wiki and found I must upload through Imgur.
The other option I do not understand at all:

This tutorial uses imgur.com, but you can post an image from anywhere on the web by using this code on the forum:

img width=800]URL of the image[/img[/color]

While waiting for your upload instructions for sound and pix I start writing my comments regarding the edited screenshots.
Sorry if I do not follow/understand the proper procedure. Never uploaded attachments here.

Thanks again,
Wim
Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 07:01:15 PM by WimYogya
WimYogya

sveakul

For posting images, try stepping through the instructions here:  https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=28168.0

For uploading files, there's a bunch of file hosting sites, just google it.  For uploads under 50mb per file, this site works well for me and you don't have to "register":  http://www.tinyupload.com/
Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 08:18:14 PM by sveakul

WimYogya

Below is the result of my struggle with Imgur. I guess I failed.
I tried to copy just a LINK, but after saving I see a picture. I tried to upload a combined package of 4 links but I only see ONE picture, not number 1 but number 4.

I desperately try to upload 4 pics/links, each with numbered comments. Before I continue with my comments, please help me get the proper result: link 1 + its comments , link 2 + its comments, link 3 + its comments, link 4 + its comments.

After that, if I want to send some zipped audio files, TinyUpload promises me to produce a link that I can copy into this post. But it has been messaging me for 20 mins now that 'uploading started' - but nothing happens...

Can't i simply upload my 4 screenshots and the musiczip file to my own Google Drive and then create links that I copy paste here in this post? And then copy/paste the comments to each link? 
Or is that not possible/allowed in forum rules?
Or annoying for potential helpers?
No clue...
Sorry...
Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 07:51:45 PM by WimYogya
WimYogya

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm not sure what you did, but each image will have it's own url. What you posted only contains the one.  Just paste the url of each image into a post, don't worry about making them show up as images.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

WimYogya

Well, I uploaded 4 images, could rearrange them, then upload, copy the link. Just 1 appeared...

How does this alternative sharing work, giving access to my Google Drive folder where the zipped music AND the 4 screenshots are located:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16l0RrQrP8YNDdlamNALqD9N__ygiK7FG?usp=sharing

When I click the link myself I can see what I wanted to share.
Is that of any use for others? or total nonsense?

If this sharing option is ok, I can paste it in a new post, with the screenshot comments added in the post itself.
Makes sense or not?
WimYogya

hiccup

Below is the result of my struggle with Imgur. I guess I failed.

Of the seven sticky posts in the Tips and Tricks board, no less then three are about posting screenshots.

Perhaps a fourth should be added.
Any volunteers?

WimYogya

@hiccup
Of course you have the right to be cynical.

But think of a newbie with a question.
Who does not even KNOW the existence of a tips and tricks board with sticky notes.
Who thinks/expects that (like in other forums) pix and other attachments can be directly added to the post - similar to email with attachment.
And if he doesn't see such feature, asks: How do I do that?

Would such newbie first have to explore the complete content of the forum?
Not even knowing what he has to look for where?

WimYogya

sveakul

Well, I uploaded 4 images, could rearrange them, then upload, copy the link. Just 1 appeared...

How does this alternative sharing work, giving access to my Google Drive folder where the zipped music AND the 4 screenshots are located:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16l0RrQrP8YNDdlamNALqD9N__ygiK7FG?usp=sharing

When I click the link myself I can see what I wanted to share.
Is that of any use for others? or total nonsense?

If this sharing option is ok, I can paste it in a new post, with the screenshot comments added in the post itself.
Makes sense or not?

Using Google Drive is a perfectly good way to show your images or offer files to download, and your link shows all of them just fine for me!  You've solved it; stick with what works best for you.  Just be sure the folder you share publicly only contains what you wish others to have access to.  Now, I hope others can help you with your original question.

hiccup

But think of a newbie with a question.

I was not addressing newbees, but I was responding to you, a veteran (six year membership now?) with a track record of asking many, many questions and asking for lots of help and support. (without even once helping anyone else in return as far as I know)

So yes, you are right, I am guilty of being cynical.
But really, make at least some effort on a forum that has served you for at least six years.

WimYogya

@hiccup:
I am senior both in age and years of membership but absolutely NOT in knowledge. Not in computer knowledge, not in MB knowledge. In that respect I am still a total newbie or dummie. I am just a very dedicated USER of MusicBee. And an enthusiastic one. My only problem with MB is that it is a rich diamond mine, but finding all gems is often difficult. So many options that I even never heard about - and do not need. Others that I managed to understand 4 years ago, but have totally forgotten after a crash.
I am always willing to help anyone who would have a question that I can answer.
But in MusicBee I often do not even understand their questions. Nor the answers given by others.
In this case I DID make some effort. Through the forum I came across the IMGUR upload option. I seriously tried this program for the first time and the result was not what I had expected. The user interface apparently was too complicated and confusing - for me...
Talking about being cynical:
Maybe the fourth sticky note about adding screenshots can be added by you or sveakul or myself. If my idea is new, good and not stickynoted already.
Because out of the blue I found a way that to my humble opinion is way easier than the other options to share files - if you are a Google Drive user or have a similar personal cloud with share options.
And finally: don't blame me for having a track record of asking questions. I thought questions are the very reason of existence of forums: people who don't know ask people who know. And as a retired journalist I had two mottoes: Ask what you don't know - and: Questions are never stupid.

@sveakul
Thanks a lot for your attention and support.
Will create a fresh post in this thread tomorrow (bedtime now at 4am...) with the link to my music files, the 4 screenshots and my comments.
Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 10:12:25 PM by WimYogya
WimYogya

phred

• Global Moderator
But really, make at least some effort on a forum that has served you for at least six years.
The forum has a search function for a reason. You really should try searching for answers before you ask for help. As hiccup showed, there are many posts showing how to attach images to the forum.

As for not even knowing there's a Tips & Tricks sub-forum, again, you really should search before you post. Or at least look over the various sub-forums. You'd be surprised what you can find there.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

WimYogya

@phred
Again, I DID use the search function. I found the IMGUR option. Apparently in my case just bewildering and not helpful. Not the result I looked for.  So I asked: what do I do wrong there?
I don't see my mistake.
WimYogya

frankz

I thought questions are the very reason of existence of forums: people who don't know ask people who know. And as a retired journalist I had two mottoes: Ask what you don't know - and: Questions are never stupid.
It is a problem for some of us when people treat the forum as an unpaid customer service department, here to address need after need year after year 24x7, and not the the COMMUNITY with give and take that it is meant to be.

And, no, I'm not clicking a google drive link and giving you my personal information in the process.