Author Topic: Direct DSD Crashes MusicBee after finishing song  (Read 2898 times)

MrEWhite

So, I have a Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, and whenever I finish a song in the DSD format using the Direct DSD function of ASIO, the seekbar gets half way (even though the song is done), and causes MusicBee to crash with a staticy noise. Is there anyway to fix this?

This occurs with both DSF and DFF, and foobar2000 plays my files fine with the ASIO and SACD component. This also occurs on a fresh install of MusicBee with the settings file deleted before starting up MusicBee.
Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 02:44:41 PM by MrEWhite

Steven

• Administrator

MrEWhite

I wont be able to help with this

Don't have a DSD DAC I assume? Is there anyone else able to help by chance?

Also, I found that using DOP allows the seekbar to go to the end of the song, but it still crashes before the next song.

I can also switch between tracks, but letting the track finish just crashes MB.
Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 07:32:37 PM by MrEWhite

MrEWhite

Is there no one that can help with this? Having proper DSD support is important to me.

phred

• Global Moderator
Is there no one that can help with this? Having proper DSD support is important to me.
If Steven can't help, and DSD is important to you, perhaps you should be looking for a new player.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

MrEWhite

If Steven can't help, and DSD is important to you, perhaps you should be looking for a new player.
Okay, thanks.

lux1o

have the same problem with asio dsd Dop musicbee
Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 01:43:28 PM by lux1o

lux1o

So, I have a Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, and whenever I finish a song in the DSD format using the Direct DSD function of ASIO, the seekbar gets half way (even though the song is done), and causes MusicBee to crash with a staticy noise. Is there anyway to fix this?

This occurs with both DSF and DFF, and foobar2000 plays my files fine with the ASIO and SACD component. This also occurs on a fresh install of MusicBee with the settings file deleted before starting up MusicBee.

ts the last version the problem!

https://musicbee.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions

3.2.6902 works well!

cheked!

phred

• Global Moderator
3.2.6902 works well!
cheked!
As I mentioned to you in your other thread, Steven has already given you two suggestions about this issue. And you have provided a third (that it works with an older version of MB.) If you don't want to use an older version, follow one of Steven's suggestions.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

lux1o

3.2.6902 works well!
cheked!
As I mentioned to you in your other thread, Steven has already given you two suggestions about this issue. And you have provided a third (that it works with an older version of MB.) If you don't want to use an older version, follow one of Steven's suggestions.

Yes, the suggestions was: "its probably best you use foobar for your requirements or use "Convert to PCM" in the ASIO settings" and "I wont be able to help with this"

phred

• Global Moderator
Yes, the suggestions was: "its probably best you use foobar for your requirements or use "Convert to PCM" in the ASIO settings" and "I wont be able to help with this"
Exactly. So what's the problem? If you don't like the suggestions, then you're on your own.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

lux1o

Exactly. So what's the problem? If you don't like the suggestions, then you're on your own.

no problem, I'm just reporting a bug.

very very thanks for the best player

lux1o

I wont be able to help with this
I am very grateful for the player,
It works very well in general and has many features and is very customizable.
I am only curious because they recommend another player for dsd sacd being something that used to work without problems in previous versions

thanks again