Author Topic: version 3.3.7115 questions  (Read 1597 times)

BillH

I have two questions on the new version 3.3.7115.  I just downloaded and installed it over 3.2 the other day.  I am using Windows 10 1903.

When I start up MusicBee it shows version 3.3.7115 in Help > About.  When I look at Control Panel, it shows that I have version 3.2 installed.  Shouldn't it show 3.3.7115?

I now have two icons for MusicBee in the start menu.  One icon is the bee with no musical note behind it.  This icon is not under a folder.  The other icon has the bee with the musical note.  This icon is under a folder that also has the name MusicBee.  Clicking on either icon starts MusicBee version 3.3.7115.  Is this normal to have two like this?

Thanks,
Bill

Steven

• Administrator
i am guessing one is the store version and the other is the desktop install. I think only the desktop install shows in the control panel.
No idea why it would show the old version but as long as help/about shows v3.3 you are good

BillH

Thanks for the quick reply.  I would kind of like to get this cleaned up.  If I uninstall the current program on my PC and reinstall the program from the website will I lose anything?  I spent a lot of time getting the settings, layout, cover art, and lyrics correct and would hate to lose all of that.

Thanks,
Bill

Steven

• Administrator
the musicbee uninstall wont remove the settings file but take a backup anyway
for the desktop install its in c:\users\<your id>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee

BillH

the musicbee uninstall wont remove the settings file but take a backup anyway
for the desktop install its in c:\users\<your id>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee

Thanks!

I uninstalled the Windows App Store version and now I have only one icon on my start menu.  This icon is for the version I downloaded and installed from the website.  I originally had downloaded and installed version 3.2.  A couple days ago I had downloaded and installed 3.3.7115 over the top of 3.2.  

Interestingly if I start up the program it shows version 3.3.7115 in Help > About.  If I go to the windows settings for apps it shows version 3.2.  Same in control panel.  So I installed version 3.3.7115 again over the top of the existing installation and windows settings still shows 3.2.  Shouldn't it have been updated to show 3.3.7115?

Thanks,
Bill
Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 09:23:42 PM by BillH

BillH

Anyone have any ideas on why Windows shows I have version 3.2 even after installing 3.3.7115?

Thanks,
Bill

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That's often been the case for me, I wouldn't worry about it.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

BillH

Thanks for the reply.  I'm not really worried, just curious.

Thanks,
Bill

hiccup

It could be a result of different sorts of installations and updates.
The ways you can install and update MusicBee can be confusing, and is—as far as I know—not clearly explained anywhere on the website.

But psychoadept is right, just check Help > About, and that will give you the version you are actually running.