Author Topic: Crash report  (Read 1117 times)

chaynes

Hi,
My MusicBee installation seems to have stopped playing files entirely. I think it's something to do with not being able to use the output device? The following error comes up when I go to the Preferences>Player option...

MusicBee v3.3.7115.39210 (Win10.0), 1 Jul 2019 20:59:

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '#=z7bQWaP09wSMxTMn5DHVYHf0=' threw an exception. ---> System.ApplicationException: Unable to load 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\bass.dll'
   at #=zo3Pf1ehfntkNznwClQr7JDk=.#=zkyLvEcekJOwEzoR0Yg==(String #=zCMsh02D939UH)
   at #=z7bQWaP09wSMxTMn5DHVYHf0=..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at #=z7bQWaP09wSMxTMn5DHVYHf0=.#=zWfnizml6ySCGYZudPA==()
   at #=zAucJDncEuSusvS90n4NZSI4=.#=zPNmTcxn7vS3isY7TbQ==()
   at #=z$nQB3l56W7S2aq$8Mpgn$Q9Hm_Pj.#=zkykxeAsw_UQAInjneE_2h$8=(Object #=zjru7zck=, EventArgs #=zRXqKV0M=)
   at #=zz8AL$w17c34YfLYcvuMzEgyZF653.#=zThISvY5hLAE8()
   at #=zz8AL$w17c34YfLYcvuMzEgyZF653.#=zQdXSUvsqQe9D(Int32 #=zw_PKY_Q=)
   at #=z$nQB3l56W7S2aq$8Mpgn$Q9Hm_Pj..ctor()
   at #=zHTDvmoQgiUGuWfPogq40A4w=.#=z3LUP7M8jRMTvAeHGqw==(Object #=zjru7zck=, EventArgs #=zRXqKV0M=)
   at #=zg_bbek$IBgo5FyBTaBHUqUg=.#=zGNckFGHfHRyQ(#=zPAtTFSOu6txvQClRUOmdOoKC$iUP #=zRXqKV0M=)
   at #=zg_bbek$IBgo5FyBTaBHUqUg=.#=zAYdUogJADpAa.#=zH3OPYPFPFiNf(Int32 #=zOr4pXmU=, Boolean #=zxPvAquAvVFv6, Boolean #=ztB4xrJ9e1Kjp)
   at #=zg_bbek$IBgo5FyBTaBHUqUg=.#=zAYdUogJADpAa.#=zWWRjitO7LWAk9IcqQw==(Int32 #=zOr4pXmU=, Keys #=zY08SSUc=)
   at #=zg_bbek$IBgo5FyBTaBHUqUg=.#=zAYdUogJADpAa.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs #=zRXqKV0M=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=zojpW2qnYAyS60zvDdeJ95jQ=.WndProc(Message& #=zTmNrnmY=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
does "C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\bass.dll" exist?
I expect your security software had removed it

chaynes

Hi Steven, thanks for your help. Our company apparently started silently pushing a new anti-malware program, and indeed - it is quarantining these files. Unfortunately, I can't release them from quarantine myself so looks like I'm fighting with IT now...
Any idea why it would flag bass.dll and bass_winamp.dll as security concerns? The program is Cylance PROTECT.

molohov

I have the exact same problem. I had to install an older version of MusicBee (3.2~) to bypass the problem.

hiccup

So you and/or your company are also using av software that give false positives on MusicBee and/or Bass.

You could report that to the company whose av software you chose to use, or take it up with the system administrator at your workplace.
Neither MusicBee or Bass is to blame here, or should be bothered with a bug report on this.

A thought:

Maybe it is becoming time for MusicBee to implement a blacklist?
So it will refuse to install on systems that have Avast or other sub-par antivirus software installed?