Author Topic: Wifi Sync Issues  (Read 8370 times)

iconoclastxvii

I had Wifi Syncing working before, but after some hardware changes (basically tried to switch to an eGPU, didn't work, switched back), I cannot get it to work anymore. At the bottom of the app I get a "Server not found" error.

I have checked my Firewall settings, and it is allowing MusicBee and MusicBee Remote: Listening Port through (the remote Android app connects and works fine). I have "enable Wifi transfer with Android devices" checked and my phone is listed under "known devices" (removed it from there and readded it, too). I've also tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app.

Any ideas, or am I missing something?

blocker1

:)  :) To resolve this, check if your phone's connection port is working properly or not. At the same time, try connecting your device to the system via another USB port. You can sync iPhone with iTunes via a USB cable or wirelessly. ... If iTunes is not able to sync Apple music, then it might cause this problem.
Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 03:32:25 PM by phred

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
blocker1, this post is not about iPhone or iTunes.

iconoclastxvii, it sounds like you've covered the bases. Maybe try removing MusicBee and readding it in the firewall. For some reason I had to do that at one point. And it's probably fine if the remote is working, but make sure Windows hasn't magically put you on a public connection instead of private. That happened to me, too.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

railfan-eric28

I was in a hurry and wanted to resync a playlist and then couldn't do it before leaving the house.   It says server not found.    I deleted app data now it says i need to do a wire sync.   So now I'm back from walmart and did a wire sync and it still says server not found.   What is the deal?  Everytime i turn around I have issues syncing.   It worked last time i did it.   I already had to clear data for the app and redo it several months back because of this problem.     
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.

railfan-eric28

anyone?   I'm still waiting for help.   I was so frustrated last night I clicked the locate server button about 15 times in a row over and over because i was pissed.   
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If it's causing you that much stress, I suggest taking a break from it.

I have frequent connection issues, too, but there are so many more variables with an app it's hard to pin them down. Might not be the app's fault.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
anyone?   I'm still waiting for help.  
You have to remember that this is an 'all-volunteer' forum. With the exception of the developer, Steven, everyone here offering help is a user. There is no official tech support team. So waiting 22 hours shouldn't be a reason to bump a thread. None of us are online 24/7 waiting to respond. We have lives to live also.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

railfan-eric28

anyone?   I'm still waiting for help.   
You have to remember that this is an 'all-volunteer' forum. With the exception of the developer, Steven, everyone here offering help is a user. There is no official tech support team. So waiting 22 hours shouldn't be a reason to bump a thread. None of us are online 24/7 waiting to respond. We have lives to live also.

I'm sorry. I do understand it's volunteer.    Lots of times I ask for help and my posts go days without replies and i feel they get passed over.   That happens on other forums and FB groups too.   So one has to bump a post to be noticed and then yet still gets passed over.

It's highly frustrating when the program or app breaks every time i turn around and then can't have my music updated on my phone when I need it done. 

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
anyone?   I'm still waiting for help.  

It's highly frustrating when the program or app breaks every time i turn around and then can't have my music updated on my phone when I need it done.

Until any fix for Wifi sync is in place, if that's what's required, does everything work as expected for you using cable sync ?.

frankz

Lots of times I ask for help and my posts go days without replies and i feel they get passed over.   That happens on other forums and FB groups too.   So one has to bump a post to be noticed and then yet still gets passed over.

I can answer why I don't bother to even think about researching answers to your questions. Your demeanor when / style of asking for help is often abrasive, and you have never even once offered help to anyone else.

If it's happening to you on FB groups and other forums, it may pay to think about that and adjust the way you go at issues you're having.
Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 01:49:07 PM by frankz

phred

• Global Moderator
So one has to bump a post to be noticed and then yet still gets passed over.
I don't disagree with that. But 22 hours from post to bump is simply expecting too much. I would suggest a of no response before a bump.

You seem to be the only one for whom "the program or app breaks every time i turn around". If you're too impatient to have your music updated perhaps a portable CD player would be better for you.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

railfan-eric28

So one has to bump a post to be noticed and then yet still gets passed over.
I don't disagree with that. But 22 hours from post to bump is simply expecting too much. I would suggest a of no response before a bump.

You seem to be the only one for whom "the program or app breaks every time i turn around". If you're too impatient to have your music updated perhaps a portable CD player would be better for you.

I am not using a CD player.   I have my music library on my computer and phone.    I haven't synced my music in a few weeks and needed it done.   

railfan-eric28

anyone?   I'm still waiting for help.   

Until any fix for Wifi sync is in place, if that's what's required, does everything work as expected for you using cable sync ?.

Yes the wired sync works.   i went back and tried to sync with the app a few days later  and now it works!!!!  I don't know if it's because my phone left my house wifi and then reconnected when i came home or what the deal is.   I wish i knew so i can fix it the next time it happens. 

railfan-eric28

Lots of times I ask for help and my posts go days without replies and i feel they get passed over.   That happens on other forums and FB groups too.   So one has to bump a post to be noticed and then yet still gets passed over.

I can answer why I don't bother to even think about researching answers to your questions. Your demeanor when / style of asking for help is often abrasive, and you have never even once offered help to anyone else.

If it's happening to you on FB groups and other forums, it may pay to think about that and adjust the way you go at issues you're having.

Well I'm sorry.   I am autistic and have anxieties and am not the greatest at socializing.   It's quite common for autistic people to come off rude.   It's not to start trouble.   My staff at my agency says there's others with disabilities that are impatient like me that wants things done now.   It's just part of the disabilities.   I do try to work on my coping skills but it takes a lot of mental energy to try to act like a neurotypical (normal).   It's rather exhausting.    With FB I think it's that people miss the notifications or the groups move too fast and stuff gets buried.  I miss posts a lot myself.   

frankz

Well I'm sorry.   I am autistic and have anxieties and am not the greatest at socializing.   It's quite common for autistic people to come off rude.   It's not to start trouble.   My staff at my agency says there's others with disabilities that are impatient like me that wants things done now.   It's just part of the disabilities.   I do try to work on my coping skills but it takes a lot of mental energy to try to act like a neurotypical (normal).   It's rather exhausting.    With FB I think it's that people miss the notifications or the groups move too fast and stuff gets buried.  I miss posts a lot myself.   
OK.  I will keep that in mind going forward.  Two sides to every story.

Just try to remember we're just other users here trying to help each other out because we love MB and want everyone else to get as much out of it as we do.  We aren't obligated to help anyone.