Author Topic: Unexpected WiFi Sync Behavior  (Read 1626 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Using 3.3.7136 P.

I have been syncing successfully via WiFi to my Samsung S8 for quite some time. I had always been syncing to the internal memory.

Yesterday I added a 400gb card and did a wired sync and all went well. I transferred some 30,000+ tracks and 80+ playlists. I then did a preview and the only think it wanted to sync were the playlists, so I knew all went well.

I then attempted to do a WiFi sync. I hit 'preview' and it showed (from what I can guess) was all 30,000+ tracks and playlists. I checked a couple of the tracks showing in the preview and they were already on the S8. I would've expected the device preview to either show only the playlists, or nothing at all. Naturally I didn't go ahead with the sync as I didn't want to sync everything all over again when it wasn't needed. Also naturally, my preference would be to only use WiFi for syncing. Also note that I'm not doing any two-way syncs. This is a straight sync of tracks and playlists from MB to the S8.

In 'device preferences' there is only one SM-6590U, which is the S8. There had been two, but I deleted the one that went to internal memory. So the question is why is the WiFi sync preview showing that everything needs to be synced? Am I going to have to go ahead with it and see what happens?

Any idea? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
in the Settings menu in the action bar, change the storage to external

phred

• Global Moderator
Well, that's simple enough. I forgot there was a settings drop down.

However, when I set it to removable sd card and then back arrow to the main menu and then back to settings, my selection isn't sticking. In other words it's always set to internal. I don't see a 'save' button so I'm assuming once selected it should save. But it doesn't.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
Yes that does look like it would be the case. I will try and look at it later but probably not until tomorrow

Steven

• Administrator
v1.0.2 on the alpha channel
https://play.google.com/apps/internaltest/4700978781087552506

when you tap the back button, it should save the new setting. I havent tested it but it should work

phred

• Global Moderator
v1.0.2 on the alpha channel
https://play.google.com/apps/internaltest/4700978781087552506

when you tap the back button, it should save the new setting. I havent tested it but it should work
Downloaded, installed, tested, and now working as expected. And it's not even tomorrow yet. Thanks Steven.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki