Author Topic: Prioritize duplicates according to drive or tag  (Read 930 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I have backups of my music on two drives, about 20,000 tracks in each location. One is a straight up copy, the other is maintained separately as part of a shared library.  I want to compare the two drives and hide duplicates from the copied backup so that I can easily identify differences between the collections.

When I run the duplicate manager, it picks from one drive or the other apparently at random.  There's way too many files for me to manually switch them all. Can we have a way to prioritize them somehow?  It might make the most sense for it to be tag-based, could even just be "tag name" and "ascending" or "descending". That would offer more flexibility for different situations, especially if virtual tags were included.

Update: I sent them to a playlist, as usual, thinking I could sort by Path and just remove them from the library for now - only to realize that while you can remove files from playlist, and you can delete them from the computer in a playlist, there's no obvious way to remove files in a playlist from the playlist and the library at the same time.  Is there something I've forgotten or overlooked?

I ended up unticking the tracks in the playlist, so that I could find them easily in the Inbox. Got the job done, just seems awfully convoluted.
Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 03:47:04 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bizy

+1 (for ability to list duplicates according to path or tag, in each column)
Full installer Version 3_4_7805
Portable Editon 3_4_7805 P