Author Topic: Musicbee doesn't see my phone  (Read 3422 times)

MontanaQuack

MusicBee doesn't see my Galaxy S9 or, the actual target I'm trying to sync to, the SD card on the phone. Any tips?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Have you checked the box for MTP devices in Device Preferences? And have you made sure the phone's unlocked and then restarted MusicBee?

If none of that helps, you can try upgrading to the latest version from my signature. For some reason, that's what it took for my roommate's phone (an S7 Edge). My S8 has never had any problems unless I forget to unlock it when I first connect (and I sync to the SD card).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

TeutonJon78

The biggest issue is making sure you can see it in Explorer first. Can you access it from there -- both the internal and external memory?

If Explorer can't see it, MusicBee will never be able to.

For Samsung, you need to install the Samsung USB drivers as well and make sure the USB mode on the phone is set to transfer files instead of "Charge Only". The drivers can be downloaded from the support site for your model.

phred

• Global Moderator
For Samsung, you need to install the Samsung USB drivers as well and make sure the USB mode on the phone is set to transfer files instead of "Charge Only". The drivers can be downloaded from the support site for your model.
I've been using my Samsung S8 with MB for about two years and have never had the need to install drivers. You -do- need to make sure the phone is unlocked when doing a wired connect to sync. And also to make sure, as stated above, the phone is set for USB transfer.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

railfan-eric28

I've been using my Samsung S8 with MB for about two years and have never had the need to install drivers. You -do- need to make sure the phone is unlocked when doing a wired connect to sync. And also to make sure, as stated above, the phone is set for USB transfer.
Same here on the drivers.   I don't remember installing any in recent history.   Wasn't that for the older phones?
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.