Author Topic: Can we sync playlists and library with windows media player?  (Read 2383 times)

Joeggernaut

I want to sync musicbee library with windows media player given that upnp plugin doesn't work (100% cpu usage) and I am able to stream music using windows media player but I prefer musicbee to manage everything.

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm not sure if you can, but if you do, be aware that WMP has a tendency to really mess up your tags.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
It could be done but someone would need to write a plugin.

This is actually a good time for me to spend some time on the Upnp plugin, so if you are willing to run a debug version let me know

edit:
try this version of the upnp plugin which might solve the 100% cpu issue:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/4vvpxv0m4fs0vb6/mb_Upnp.zip/file
unzip and copy into the Plugins folder
Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 09:22:55 PM by Steven

jasongnome

I'm not sure if you can, but if you do, be aware that WMP has a tendency to really mess up your tags.

Quite, that's why I dumped WMP all those years ago.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

Quite, that's why I dumped WMP all those years ago.

More info on that here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=20204.0
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

jasongnome

That's not it's only problem. It is, by default, set to "correct" tags from the Internet, and turning it off doesn't work. Many of these "corrections" are actually wrong. While I was still using it, I went to Miscrosoft's own help site and loads of people were reporting the same problem and none of the solutions put forward my Microsoft staff worked.

It also routinely messes up capitalisation, and changes it back to what it wants if you try to change it manually. Useless piece of software.

It's not only tags it has problems with. My old laptop suddenly stopped working unless in safe mode. Basically on startup it froze after being on for about 5 minutes. I decided to to a full reinstall of windows so started manually backing up files so I could. Two of my music files were corrupted. When I researched the issue, WMP re-indexes music files on startup (whether you want it to or not) and it was hanging on the corrupted files. Once I'd deleted those two files the laptop worked fine again.