Author Topic: Same tag artwork for most of my musics!!  (Read 7491 times)

robinwood

Hi everyone, i'm very happy to use musicbee against iTunes but i just have a big problem:
most of my artworks have been auto-tagged when i've scaned all my datas with the same artwork.
And when I delete the wrong artwork, scan all my files again, the wrong artwork is coming back and auto-tag my file!!!!

It's very strange because when i'm reading a file with vlc or windows media player, the artwork is good...so it's a big bug from musicbee i don't understand why it's doing it!!

I'm going to mix in a camping all the summer and i really need my artwork to find music!! Can you help me pleaaaaaaaaaaaase???

you can download a screenshot at this page : https://www.grosfichiers.com/pBf3jhtT8vR or another picture:https://www.grosfichiers.com/TSRkxNhRH97

Thank you and sorry for my bad English!!
Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 06:39:56 PM by robinwood

redwing

Go to Preferences> Tags (1)> Artwork Storage> Edit List,
Then adjust the settings for what files to look in what order for artwork display,
When it's done, click on "Rescan Artwork" button to update what's displayed.

It's very strange because when i'm reading a file with vlc or windows media player, the artwork is good

After fixing it, let us know how you changed the settings to display artwork for your albums properly.

redwing

@Steven;

I just checked the default settings for artwork retrieval with 3.3. Is there any reason why embedded is placed at the last? Also I don't think artwork.*, filename.* are commonly used.

robinwood

man you just have to save my life, it's working!!
I've just have checked "incorporated", i put it at the top of the list and it's working when i see all albums etc... but when i'm reading a file's tag, the artwork is still here but under the real artwork, so like hidden: i have like 2 artworks now for these files, it's better than before. Thanks a lot :) :) :)

Do you know how to delete theses artworks put by musicbee?

I don't how that's happen... very strange!
Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 07:23:18 PM by robinwood

Steven

• Administrator
@Steven;

I just checked the default settings for artwork retrieval with 3.3. Is there any reason why embedded is placed at the last? Also I don't think artwork.*, filename.* are commonly used.
it can be reconsidered for v3.4 but my feeling with artwork in general is you cant win for most users no matter what is done eg. putting embedded at the top means you will get someone who users folder artwork complaining about incorrect artwork because they dont realise some files have embedded artwork

redwing

Do you know how to delete theses artworks put by musicbee?

As I said, only tick artwork types you are going to use in the settings, and click on "Rescan Artwork" button.

robinwood

i've done it but on the software, when i see all artworks, it's ok but when i'm editing the file, i have 2 artworks: my artwork put by myself and still the other artwork put by musicbee, like musicbee has modified many of my artworks/file itself, like a bug
Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 07:28:48 PM by robinwood

redwing

it can be reconsidered for v3.4 but my feeling with artwork in general is you cant win for most users no matter what is done eg. putting embedded at the top means you will get someone who users folder artwork complaining about incorrect artwork because they dont realise some files have embedded artwork

Yes, but still people using embedded will be the largest. Probably folder.jpg will be the next, followed by Cover. The rest will be used by not many people and probably these people will find the settings themselves. I hope you consider changing the default settings for 3.3.

redwing

Did you enable auto-tag option for artwork in Preferences> Tags (2)?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I agree that embedded should be first. Fewer people will have embedded artwork that doesn't match their files than vice versa.

Maybe there should also be some kind of artwork dialogue on first installation?
Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 07:34:10 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

robinwood

in tag2, auto-tag is disable...that's why it's strange!! and when i delete wrong artworks manually and i scan all files, they are coming back into the file!! ^^

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
in tag2, auto-tag is disable...that's why it's strange!! and when i delete wrong artworks manually and i scan all files, they are coming back into the file!! ^^

Are all the options except embedded completely unticked in the list of where to get artwork?

It might help if you post a screenshot of your tags (1) preferences.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

Select one album, go to Tools> Artwork> Album Artwork Manager, and check what type of artwork they use.

robinwood

Yes only incorporated is selected
screenshot of the tag1 settings: https://www.grosfichiers.com/eG9HBrA79Vf
(it's in French sorry)
Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 07:45:45 PM by robinwood

robinwood

when i go to Tools> Artwork> Album Artwork Manager -> "does not match storage preferences" many of my artworks are double or changed with the wrong artwork, but in my musicbee steeing, i thing that have disabled all internet auto-tag! All my incorporated cover are good but covers are like added by musicbee

screenshots: https://www.grosfichiers.com/ZZEL67DKg92
Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 08:11:51 PM by robinwood