Author Topic: Volume Leveling Issue with v3.3  (Read 1500 times)

goodbyebluesky1

Loving the new default skin and wifi syncing features introduced in v3.3 but it seems to have introduced a bug with volume leveling, at least in the way that I've always used it.  I've used a utility called MP3Gain for years to level all of my mp3s and the replay gain tags it inserts have always been recognized by Musicbee until recently.  This screenshot shows the embedded replay gain tags (via Tag Inspector) on an example mp3 yet the volume leveling in the file properties shows as "Not Calculated": https://imgur.com/vrpjIsg

The file shown hasn't been updated in ages so I think this is due to a recent change in Musicbee.  I've tried sending the file to File Rescan, and removing and re-adding the file from the library, but I just can't get the leveling info to reappear.  I know it used to be there up through v3.2.  I'm also pretty sure playback volume is no longer normalized even though "normalize volume of tracks with replay gain tags" is still checked.  

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

Steven

• Administrator
can you PM me a link to a zip of one of the files

redwing

Maybe since they are APE tags? Do they have ID3 tag values for those fields?

goodbyebluesky1

Steven: PM'ed you a link

redwing: The files have id3v2 tags for most metadata but there isn't any replay gain info in there, seems like mp3gain stores these only as APE tags.  Though I've used Musicbee for years and it's always read those APE tags until recently.

Thanks  8)

Steven

• Administrator
this should address the issue - you will need to rescan existing files that are affected

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

goodbyebluesky1

Damn you work fast, that patch works perfectly! Thanks!!