Author Topic: Manually Changing Song order in Playlist on an Ipod Classic 2.0  (Read 1912 times)

justinmoka

Hi,

I read through the FAQ, and searched through the forum, to try to find previous iterations of this question.

I am using an Ipod Classic 2.0 with Musicbee. I would like to manually change the order of songs in a playlist. When I go to drag and drop the songs within the playlist, nothing happens. It doesn't stick. I can add and delete songs, but I cannot adjust the order. Is this a known limitation? Perhaps it is because my ipod is so old?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Justin

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Are you trying to change the playlist in MusicBee or after it's on the device? If it's in MusicBee, you may need to be sure that it's sorted in "natural order" or "playlist order" before you try to drag & drop to reorder. Try displaying the # field in your playlist, that will tell you what order MusicBee thinks the tracks should be in.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

justinmoka

Hi Psychoadept,

Thank you for responding. I have the ipod plugged in and I am viewing its playlists through Musicbee; that is where I am trying to manually change the order. I have it set to Natural order. The # is also displayed, so I can see the number, but when I drag and drop, nothing changes.

Incidentally, I also tried Mediamonkey, and this exact same thing happened.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah, I think you're only going to be able to reorder the playlists from the MusicBee end. It's fairly impressive that you can sync an apple device at all, but i guess it works because it's an older one
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

If you can work with iTunes, you might want to try right clicking on the playlist name in iTunes> Copy to Play Order command to update the order.

frankz

After you re-adjust the order, right-click the playlist in the playlist navigator panel and follow List->Update Play Order.

justinmoka

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who responded so far. Much appreciated.

It sounds like it may not be possible to do this with Musicbee, and later versions of iTunes really struggled with my old iPod. Do you know a place where I could (safely) download older versions of iTunes?

Roby

I can handle my iPod Classic very well without installing iTunes. I only installed the necessary drivers with CopyTransDriversInstaller. Works great with MusicBee.

phred

• Global Moderator
Hi,

Thanks to everyone who responded so far. Much appreciated.

It sounds like it may not be possible to do this with Musicbee, and later versions of iTunes really struggled with my old iPod. Do you know a place where I could (safely) download older versions of iTunes?
Doing a forum search would've saved you a lot of time.
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18506.0
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here