Author Topic: Now playing bar over column browser  (Read 4139 times)

redwing

When now playing bar gets expanded over horizontal column browser, GUI gets partly broken and it's not easy to restore the two elements to the prior state. An easy fix would be to keep the now playing bar from expanding over horizontal column browser.

Steven

• Administrator
it should already be the case and i cant reproduce the issue ie. cant make the now playing bar higher than the horizontal column browser.
If it is something you can easily reproduce would you mind sending me your settings file

Steven

• Administrator
the settings file you sent had the default tab as Inbox, but i cant see any Now Playing bar configured.
I also checked the other tabs. Perhaps its happening with a custom layout?

redwing

It happens in any tabs. BTW I'm showing the now playing bar using a toolbar button.

redwing

Just tried adding it using the panel configuration dialog and it's the same for me. Easy to reproduce the issue.

redwing

I can reproduce this easily with RC3 with the default settings.

Steven

• Administrator
the default settings dont have a column browser or now playing bar.
Where precisely did you include the now playing bar and the column browser?

redwing

You can see now playing bar is expanded higher than column browser.

Steven

• Administrator
When now playing bar gets expanded over horizontal column browser, GUI gets partly broken and it's not easy to restore the two elements to the prior state. An easy fix would be to keep the now playing bar from expanding over horizontal column browser.
i will have another look at this today but i wasnt able to reproduce this at all yesterday. This might seem a stupid question, but how are you making the now playing bar higher than the column browser - just using the mouse to drag the now playing bar higher?

redwing

Yes, just dragging up the top border of the now playing bar is all I do.

Did you look at the screenshot with a fresh installation of RC3? So I can drag it over to the header bar either with or without adding column browser, and can't drag it down. I think it's basically the same issue.

Steven

• Administrator
This is a real mystery and cannot reproduce on a fresh install. I guess I will leave this unsolved.
I did discover the column browser defaults to 0 height so at least one bug is fixed!

redwing

PMed the RC3 settings file with now playing bar dragged over to the header bar.
Look at Music tab where you can't drag down the now playing bar.

Steven

• Administrator
I agree about the Music Explorer tab and thats because resizing support is not implemented in that tab and i will leave that as is.
For the Music tab, on my screen the now playing bar is 3/4 of the screen height but i cant drag it above the header ie. works as expected.
I will agree that if you resize the application window height, you can make the now playing bar overlap the header - thats why i asked how you were doing this. But in no circumstance can i drag the bar beyond the expected bounds.