Author Topic: Now playing bar over column browser  (Read 4140 times)

redwing

No, I'm dragging it in full size window. My screen resolution is 1600x900. Is that why it shows up only at 3/4 of the screen height on yours?

Steven

• Administrator
My screen resolution is 1600x900. Is that why it shows up only at 3/4 of the screen height on yours?
yes

redwing

The issue also occurs with artist picture panel when it's placed at the top of the main panel.
What I'd like to see is if the user drags up the top border of the now playing bar, it should stop right below the bottom border of column browser/artist picture panel/header bar, etc. so that it makes no overlap with any part of those elements.

Steven

• Administrator
for the now playing bar issue, if you start MB where its not maximised, does that make any difference?

redwing

No, it's just the same. I can't drag it down unless I maximize the window (then it gets placed at a lower height).

Steven

• Administrator
just so I am completely clear, if you have the now playing bar sized so its not overlapping anything and restart MB in normal window size, does MB stop you dragging the now playing bar above the caption bar header (or column browser if enabled)

redwing

No, whatever I do, I've never seen it stops dragging at any position.

redwing

I don't understand why it's so hard to prevent it when MB knows all dimensions of displayed elements.

Steven

• Administrator
yes of course MB knows the dimensions and should already be blocking the drag movement based on the dimensions. I dont understand why its not working for you.
I will have a look and see if its worth creating a debug version

redwing

If anyone else can replicate the issue, please report.

redwing

yes of course MB knows the dimensions and should already be blocking the drag movement based on the dimensions.

I keep dragging down the bottom of the column browser and dragging up the top of the now playing bar. The settings file shows the changed height of the both elements correctly at each time. But how does it know when they will start overlapping?
Also, I can drag it all the way up to the caption bar regardless of column browser. Then how does it compute the up limit of now playing bar?
Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 02:21:54 PM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
could you run this version and send me the info in the error log. All you need to do is click on the header to start the drag and it will log the parameters its using. Also could you include a full size screenshot

https://www.mediafire.com/file/crcdcgh3dox1ccd/MusicBeeDebugPanelResize.zip/file

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
If anyone else can replicate the issue, please report.
Just tried on 1600x900 and looks normal to me - not got the A-Z jump bar visible here though...may or may not be relevant..

Steven

• Administrator
PMed it.
the values are exactly as expected and correspond to the screenshot so i think it must be the windows cursor clip function itself that is not working. If you set the window to normal size, are you able to drag the cursor above the top of the application window or down below the bottom of the now playing bar?