Author Topic: Artist pictures disappeared from the biography panel  (Read 4519 times)

J24

• Love music of all genres and cultures
in the bottom "now playing panel" I used to be able to see the artist picture next to the biography. Now the picture doesn't show up anymore after I installed the latest version 3.3.7101.

The panel I'm referring to is the one you enable by going to "arrange panels" window and checking "now playing bar"

Here is a pic. I circled the area where the artist pic used to be at.

I'm addicted to meth, that is, methadata.
Wanna share music recommendations? add me on Last.fm!

Steven

• Administrator
Artist pictures for this panel were retreived from last.fm, which in their TOS no longer allows access to those pictures

J24

Artist pictures for this panel were retreived from last.fm, which in their TOS no longer allows access to those pictures

I see, but since the artist pics in the right panel still work, maybe you could use the same method you use to retrieve those in the bio panel too?

this is the one that still works (bottom right):

zkhcohen

I see, but since the artist pics in the right panel still work, maybe you could use the same method you use to retrieve those in the bio panel too?

this is the one that still works (bottom right):

+1

Preferably they would use the same GET request to service both add-ins and reduce the number of calls.

J24

You can use this TM view instead: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=28873.0

I tried that TM view but for some reason some images display in low quality and some others don't display at all even though they show fine in the right panel. I guess they use different sources?

Here are some screenshots:

low quality pic:

missing pic:

redwing

MB uses two kinds of artist pictures - artist backdrops and thumbnails - in different panels. The artist picture panel uses backdrops, which track information view in now playing bar also shows on the right. It's also used by artist view of now playing tab, compact player, and gallery element of TM views.
What this TM view shows is artist thumb. If you use thumbnail browser or artists view on the main panel, you will see the same picture for each artist.
You can override the picture with your own using paste artwork context menu with the mouse hovering over the thumb either in thumbnail browser or main panel.

J24

You can override the picture with your own using paste artwork context menu with the mouse hovering over the thumb either in thumbnail browser or main panel.

thank you for the info. However, I dont see an option to change the artist pic in the main panel when using artist mode.

I hovered over the artist and right clicked but these are the options I get:

where do change it?

redwing

That would mean you have no picture in the clipboard. Try copying a picture and then hover over it.

J24

That would mean you have no picture in the clipboard. Try copying a picture and then hover over it.

that worked, thanks!

J24

wait, it worked but for some reason the image is still really low quality. I even used teh same image as the artist picture from the right panel but it still looks significantly lower quality on the TM bio panel.
see here:
https://imgur.com/l8pNkvb

you might have to click on the image so it shows the full original size.

redwing

It seems to create and use a smaller cache image instead of the stored full image. But I don't see it really matters in most cases as you're not going to expand the bar too much. Try with other artists too.

redwing

The cache image size seems depending on the picture size for album/artists view. Try maximizing it.

J24

The cache image size seems depending on the picture size for album/artists view. Try maximizing it.

how do I delete the cached image so it redownloads it?