Author Topic: Poweramp settings to show MusicBee ratings?  (Read 3034 times)

OhJeffrey

Hey guys,

I just started to use MusicBee and Poweramp on my new phone.
I saw that it is possible to 2w-sync ratings in the new music bee android app.

But how can I make Poweramp to show those star ratings? I already switched from the thumbs up to the star-rating display in the Poweramp app. But that didn't help yet.

Do I have to use any special settings within MusicBee? Or the MusicBee App?

Thank you

Steven

• Administrator
Thats a question for the PowerAmp forum.
MB writes ratings to file tags (unless you disable that in the Tags(1) preferences)
Its up to PowerAmp to read the appropriate file tags

railfan-eric28

Thats a question for the PowerAmp forum.
MB writes ratings to file tags (unless you disable that in the Tags(1) preferences)
Its up to PowerAmp to read the appropriate file tags

Last I knew when asking about it, Maxmp at Poweramp forum, says he doesn't want to implement reading tags from other apps because of compatibility issues.   I know some players like Jet Audio and Playerpro has selections to select what app you want to read ratings from.     Steven, have you tried contacting him about it?  I mostly use Poweramp and don't want to rate everything all over again on there.   
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.

hiccup

Last I knew when asking about it, Maxmp at Poweramp forum, says he doesn't want to implement reading tags from other apps because of compatibility issues....
... Steven, have you tried contacting him about it?

Interesting.
Am I correct in thinking that Poweramp is a paid-for application, and the developers are reluctant (or incapable?) to invest time and effort in this?
Then isn't it a bit weird to ask a programmer who works for free to contact and help some other coders that earn money from it?

(obviously not my call at all, just a personal observation)

frankz

When ratings are saved to the file as a tag, they're available to any program that wants to read the tag, just like the Artist tag or Title tag. At the point where they're saved correctly, and here they are, it's up to other programs to read from those tags.

Nothing more Musicbee could be expected to do.

FWIW GoneMad reads Rating tags just fine. If your player of choice doesn't support the tags you want to use, sounds like it's time to look for a new player.