Author Topic: Using tags in the File Organizer's "to folder" field causes error  (Read 1186 times)

JMuller

I wanted to move several tracks to another folder according to the <Disc#> tag. Here's the path : "Y:\Soundtracks\Yamato\Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Pt.<Disc#>". And here's the error :

Code
MusicBee v3.3.7094.40164 (Win10.0), 9 juin 2019 10:38:

System.IO.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. [Y:\Soundtracks\Yamato\Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Pt.<Disc#>\]
   at #=ziKN7o$$pnLKCKEwflR1xIro=.#=zmLkg6271ZppW.#=zFDokJw0=.#=zb8QpbE_YEt3z..ctor(String #=z_cpomiQ=, #=zVNWaIaUJWhsB #=z4qEilLA=, String #=zaOuFZmY=, #=zv2ySLXf0I0k7 #=z7dFM2kMqKzRl, Boolean #=znvcEv82PvOOQ, Boolean #=zLujEsfQdIDKR, Boolean #=zdTa7ERLFOeW0)
   at #=ziKN7o$$pnLKCKEwflR1xIro=.#=zmLkg6271ZppW.#=zFDokJw0=.#=zI4atcmNZgeXj(#=zAcb5xCEF96L5mwY8OnCd0bs= #=z_cpomiQ=, String #=zF5g$vKs=, #=zv2ySLXf0I0k7 #=z7dFM2kMqKzRl, Boolean #=zLujEsfQdIDKR)
   at #=zl$PL3V4gtL$5JK$B2H_oKwEn$xwKDVcZxQ==.#=qkOY64gVThkBeVCl_QIQ_hgiR3R$rhTeb3XlxsKEUhCE=._Lambda$__0()

Of course, then I noticed I could simply put the tag in the "naming template" field. It would just be better if there wasn't an exception that popped up like that.

redwing

<to folder> setting uses a fixed name (an existing folder). Move <Disc#> to naming template.

JMuller

Yup, that's what I noticed. The only reason I report this is because I don't think an exception should be thrown here. MusicBee should simply tell the user the syntax is incorrect (ie no special characters in file names).