Author Topic: FPCALC - digital sound analysis  (Read 56591 times)

Daiman2020

sveakul

Downloaded and tested, its working, thanks :)

The compatibility with these later versions of fpcalc.exe from the Chromaprint site and MusicBee has become problematic.  As of this date and MusicBee 3.4.7567, only the version originally posted by Steven at the beginning of this thread works.  I have swapped back accordingly.

Update:  as of version 3.4.7568, MusicBee is working FINE with the latest fpcalc.exe from Chromaprint!  Grab the MusicBee patches from the Global Moderators' sigs (if you have the Portable or Installer versions) and fpcalc 1.5.0 at the Chromaprint site (https://acoustid.org/chromaprint) and take advantage of 9 years of fine-tuning.
Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 01:26:57 AM by sveakul

TheGoffy

Hi All!

First time posting, with thanks for the brilliant program!

One trick for less technical people is to make sure it is in the MusicBee folder in Program Files, not a MusicBee folder elsewhere. For example, in Windows 10 there will be a "Music" quick link with a "MusicBee" folder in it... but this is the WRONG place to put the file. It needs to go in the MusicBee folder with the executable. If you don't know where this is, you can right click on the shortcut you use to launch MusicBee and select properties and it should tell you.

Hope this helps a few people! :)

-Goffy

phred

• Global Moderator
One trick for less technical people is to make sure it is in the MusicBee folder in Program Files, not a MusicBee folder elsewhere.
This is not necessarily so. With the Portable version the MB directory can be anywhere. Typically someone who is using the Portable will know where the executable is. The Store version installs to some convoluted directory which -may- be Program Files, but perhaps in Windows Apps. With the Store version it's unlikely the user has access to it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sveakul

AcoustID has released an updated version of the Chromaprint fpcalc.exe component, version 1.5.1 dated 2021-12-23:

No functional source code changes.
Fixed some compiler warnings.
Rebuilt the fpcalc binaries with FFmpeg 4.4.1.

You can download it here:

https://github.com/acoustid/chromaprint/releases/download/v1.5.1/chromaprint-fpcalc-1.5.1-windows-x86_64.zip

To update, extract fpcalc.exe from the folder inside the zip and place that file inside the MusicBee main folder, overwriting any existing version.  I have tested it and is working fine with MusicBee 3.4.8011 P (Windows 10 x64 21H2).

If you are running a 32-bit Windows, you need to stick with version 1.5.0 which has a 32-bit version still downloadable here:

https://github.com/acoustid/chromaprint/releases/download/v1.5.0/chromaprint-fpcalc-1.5.0-windows-i686.zip
Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 12:48:56 AM by sveakul

Koriat

Its misidentifying songs and now my library is messed up. And I had it rename my files based on the tags so now I cant undo it How do I fix this? Can the fpcalc plugin be replaced with a better one, or be made more accurate?

sveakul

Fpcalc.exe from AcoustID is also used by MusicBrainz-Picard as an optional file identifier.  I have never had a problem with using it within MusicBee or M-P as far as misidentifying a song except for occasional ambiguity when dealing with promo versions, etc.  Can you provide a couple of examples of songs that are misidentified, by uploading them somewhere so we can try it with the same raw data?  Be sure you are using the latest versions of both MusicBee and fpcalc.exe (see preceding posts on this thread).

Koriat

Hey Ive got the latest versions of each and one example would be that it tagged Disturbed - Prayer as Disturbed - Liberate. It also thinks that Der Blutharsch - Live in Leiden - Track 13 (https://open.spotify.com/track/5dkcuQcU739Shw5VDxDY7M) AND Track 4(https://open.spotify.com/track/3MdymASm6jpeKEZBYpBpbq) are Track 2 of album Der Sieg Des Lichtes Ist Des Lebens Heil (https://open.spotify.com/track/4OXyLpYzCLRjrU8SxobKQN). It says those der blutharsch songs are from 2013 but there are No 2013 albums by der blutharsch. Live in leiden was 2010 and the other album is 1998.
Where does the plugin get its data from that it compares the songs to? the source must have some wrong info if it thinks there are albums by blutharsch in 2013.
I just did a test where i deleted all their tag data and gave them stupid filenames and it still tagged them incorrectly. So it wasnt old tag data, and I have the plugin update all tag fields, not just blank ones.

sveakul

All I know about fpcalc.exe/AcoustID is from what I read here: https://acoustid.org/docs .  Apparently it relies almost exclusively on user submissions to the MusicBrainz database.

Koriat

Actually there is a re release of each of those albums in 2013 but its all the same tracks as their originals. So the source data might not have wrong info about those albums, but its still misidentifying two different songs as a 3rd song

hiccup

..but its still misidentifying two different songs as a 3rd song
Read up on the workings of fpcalc and you will understand that you should not be demanding perfect results for all the millions and millions of tracks out there.

Koriat

Read up on the workings of fpcalc and you will understand that you should not be demanding perfect results for all the millions and millions of tracks out there.
ok we should probably definitely remove from musicbee the ability to use the plugin then, if it cant differentiate between songs by Disturbed. Thats pretty pathetic, enough so that it should never be used by anyone. enjoy your garbage

hiccup

ok we should probably definitely remove from musicbee the ability to use the plugin then, if it cant differentiate between songs by Disturbed. Thats pretty pathetic, enough so that it should never be used by anyone. enjoy your garbage
Who is the 'we' you are speaking of?
I am pretty sure nobody on this forum identifies with your 'we'.
Ah well, it's clear anyway you are speaking for yourself, since nobody else on this forum that I know of shares your spoiled and nasty attitude.

Koriat

youre the nasty one lol. If the program is tagging Disturbed - Prayer as Liberate, it shouldnt be used. Only an idiot would use that plugin ever again except on music that has NO tags at all and you have no idea who the artist is and cant understand the lyrics because no matter what you will have to listen to the song on youtube and compare it yourself to make sure the program didnt screw up. MORON you are probably listening to wrongly tagged music and you have NO IDEA its wrong!! lol  :'(
googling the lyrics and tagging it yourself would be better than the plugin. The plugin also does not have a preview window, if you tell it to acoustically identify the song, you cannot stop it from tagging your music incorrectly, turd eater. tuuuuurd eaterrrrrrrrrrr

Steven

• Administrator
@Koriat, i have removed your separate topic as its a repeat of what you have already stated.
Also please refrain from personal attacks otherwise you will be banned
Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 12:07:59 PM by Steven