Author Topic: iTunes Being Killed  (Read 4194 times)

Music Noumon

iTunes is being killed off by Apple.
They just announced it at their Developers' Conference.

What does this mean for the future of Music Bee?

Will Steven stay true to the older software, adopt the new whatever it might be
or go off in his own independent direction with new ideas?

We need to know what Steven is planning!

hiccup

With all the money he has made on MusicBee, he is probably going to buy the proprietary rights of iTunes, re-release an improved version of it and then let his own older software die a slow death.

Maybe we should begin throwing in ideas on a name for the new product?

How about iBee?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I do expect we'll be hearing from a lot more "itunes refugees" soon. Hopefully that will be good for MusicBee and not overwhelming.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

frankz

I do expect we'll be hearing from a lot more "itunes refugees" soon. Hopefully that will be good for MusicBee and not overwhelming.
Unfortunately, because these aren't people who left iTunes because there was something about it they didn't like, they're people who iTunes left behind, I have a feeling it's going to be a lot of "why can't MB be exactly like iTunes in every way?" posts.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Unfortunately, because these aren't people who left iTunes because there was something about it they didn't like, they're people who iTunes left behind, I have a feeling it's going to be a lot of "why can't MB be exactly like iTunes in every way?" posts.

You may be right, although what I'm reading says they aren't actually messing with iTunes for Windows yet. I'm sure they WILL, but maybe they're waiting until things settle down on the Apple side.

Also, it sounds like all the same functionality will be there, just divided across different programs. It makes s lot of sense to me: one app doing one thing will be easier to navigate and have a smaller footprint than one app doing three different things.
Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 03:35:27 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
I've read reports similar to what psychoadept is saying. I don't see a huge onslaught of new users. Yet.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

I have a feeling it's going to be a lot of "why can't MB be exactly like iTunes in every way?" posts.
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=28898  ;D  ;D

phred

• Global Moderator
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=28898  ;D  ;D
Keep laughing frankz. We just took a secret poll and it's been decided that all itunes related questions are going to you.   8)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Who killed iTunes?
Wasn't me, it died years ago when v11 crushed v10, the version that had quit a few useful functions and didn't constantly overwrite my hand picked album art with junk.  :-[
Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 03:24:51 PM by Freddy Barker

HolySmoke

Who killed iTunes?
Wasn't me, it died years ago when v11 crushed v10, the version that had quit a few useful functions and didn't constantly overwrite my hand picked album art with junk.  :-[

It's been junk from day one. Sorry Apple, I own may of your hardware products, but really?

~ HolySmoke