Author Topic: Crackling when playing 192khz FLAC files  (Read 7202 times)

hiccup

SUCCESS!!  :D
The alternative cable I bought ... works perfectly .... Crackling with 192khz files is GONE.

That's great. (to hear ;-)
Well done.

I didn't see that part when I was writing my post. If one edits their original post after reading someone else's follow-up post, they should make it clear that's their reaction to that. Otherwise it would make the follow-up poster look repeating what the previous poster already said.

I fail to see how the minor addition to my reply #18 made the complainant repeat the exact same suggestion that captain_paranoia already made in reply #14 (the toslink receiver may be a factor), and also what I already said in reply #1 (the optical cable may be a factor).

Also, it is a bit pedantic and off-topic to complain about such, even if it had been true.

redwing

I didn't see that part when I was writing my post. If one edits their original post after reading someone else's follow-up post, they should make it clear that's their reaction to that. Otherwise it would make the follow-up poster look repeating what the previous poster already said.

I fail to see how the minor addition to my reply #18 made the complainant repeat the exact same suggestion that captain_paranoia already made in reply #14 (the toslink receiver may be a factor), and also what I already said in reply #1 (the optical cable may be a factor).

I'm not sure why you're replying now even after you made several follow-up posts but I don't agree your interpretation. But I don't want to go into details when the OP has already found the solution.

Also, it is a bit pedantic and off-topic to complain about such, even if it had been true.

No, I was talking about a basic forum etiquette you obviously ignored.

hiccup

I'm not sure why you're replying now even after you made several follow-up posts but I don't agree your interpretation.

Because unlike you, I didn't want to spoil the thread with off-topic nonsense before the issue the OP had was solved.
And, it's not an interpretation, they are facts.