Author Topic: Creating a Simple Plugin wiki page removed  (Read 6853 times)

JMuller

Steven

• Administrator
Thats a shame and i really have no idea why it was deleted.
I suggest you look at some of the open source plugin's eg. boroda's ones

Blarg

Yeah this sucks I just discovered musicbee and was going to play with making a plugin that would control some colored lighting when music was playing. I only do it for fun and usually need my hand held a bit with some beginner guides though so was disappointed to see this missing and also not on the waybackmachine. No chance for recovery?

phred

• Global Moderator
No chance for recovery?
The only chance for recovery would be for boroda74 (now using the username boroda) to reinstate it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

phred

• Global Moderator
Looks pretty awful on a PC also. I didn't bother checking the wayback machine since the poster said it wasn't there. Obviously that's incorrect.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Blarg

Ah darn. What would be a good resource to look at to learn some simple tasks? The problem with looking at some of the existing stuff is they are large and do lots of things. I'm looking for as simple as how to call the API and tell when MB stops and starts music so I can light up a multicolored cube from embrava (technically a busy indicator light but with their api you can make it do more) when music is playing turn it off when not and possibly even hook up a bunch at once to produce a light show. Not a pro programmer by far i'm just winging it playing with code seeing how to make the pieces fit. Gotta learn somehow :)

Edit interesting this is what I got from wayback:

Hrm.
Wayback Machine doesn't have that page archived.
Want to search for all archived pages under https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Tutorial:_Creating_A_Simple_Plugin?

and when I clicked the link

No URL has been captured for this domain.

Your link otoh does work but its also not from the same page.

Edit 2:

A bit more poking around and the page on this link looks perfect on a PC. Might be a good opportunity to restore the page?

https://web.archive.org/web/20170622212501/http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:_Creating_A_Simple_Plugin?oldid=17435
Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 03:45:49 AM by Blarg

2MuchToo

The page must have been restored, because it is there now.

:)