Author Topic: ELRC File and Tag Support  (Read 6794 times)

tralph3

Hi! I've been using Music Bee for some time and I'd like to call it the best music player Windows has to offer, by far. However, there's something it's missing, and that nobody really pays much attention to, synchronized lyrics.

For those who don't know, there's a standard syncrhonized lyrics file format called ".lrc". These files are plain text with the following syntax:

[00:05.02]Some lyrics
[00:11.94]Some more lyrics.

They have a timestamp and a piece of text next to them that indicates what to show and at what time. Currently, Music Bee supports this. If you go into the compact player view and change the top left screen to show lyrics, provided your music file has an lrc file named exactly like the music file in the same folder (or has the lyrics embedded) it will show the synchronized lyrics just fine.

This is all great, but there's another step to this, ELRC files. ELRC stands for "Enhanced LRC" and it's not technically another file, but rather a syntax difference. Like LRC files, ELRC has timestamps with the pieces of text next to them, but ELRC also include timestamps inside of the line's timestamp like so:

[00:05.02]Some <00:07.23>lyrics
[00:11.94]Some <00:13.64>more <00:16.12>lyrics.

This allows you to display word by word, or even syllabe by syllabe. However, nobody has made a plugin that supports ELRC syntax yet. I've been trying to find some kind of e-mail or something to directly contact the developer in hopes of getting the source code for that bit of the program that could allow me to program it myself, as I did with another music player called "Quod Libet". I actually managed to modify a plugin in that player to make it support ELRC syntax, so I have some experience with this very specific topic. Would it be viable to make a brand new plugin just for this? How hard would it be? If I could get some direction to make it myself I'd be very glad, or if somebody could take this on their own hands or share some way to contact the dev in hopes to get some help it would be nice too.

Thanks guys.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Hi! I've been using Music Bee for some time and I'd like to call it the best music player Windows has to offer, by far. However, there's something it's missing, and that nobody really pays much attention to, synchronized lyrics.

For those who don't know, there's a standard syncrhonized lyrics file format called ".lrc". These files are plain text with the following syntax:

They have a timestamp and a piece of text next to them that indicates what to show and at what time...

FYI

MiniLyrics does all of that good stuff, plugin is here..

https://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/135/minilyrics-helper/

However, sometimes the lyrics provided by Crinsoft.com are offline, for new downloads, as they are this weekend, but will still display in MusicBee if previously downloaded.
(For karaoke style lyrics, LRC format, they must be embedded into music file if using Theatre Mode).
Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 08:06:50 AM by Freddy Barker

phred

• Global Moderator
For the record Crintsoft's MiniLyrics is about the only provider that offers synced lyrics.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
For the record Crintsoft's MiniLyrics is about the only provider that offers synced lyrics.

Poor old Crint seems to be down again today..

tralph3

They have a timestamp and a piece of text next to them that indicates what to show and at what time...

FYI

MiniLyrics does all of that good stuff, plugin is here..

https://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/135/minilyrics-helper/

However, sometimes the lyrics provided by Crinsoft.com are offline, for new downloads, as they are this weekend, but will still display in MusicBee if previously downloaded.
(For karaoke style lyrics, LRC format, they must be embedded into music file if using Theatre Mode..

I acknowledged to know that MusicBee is capable of displaying LRC formatted lyrics correctly, what it can't do is display ELRC lyrics, and that is my goal with this post.