Author Topic: Keep Playlist Folder Structure When Syncing  (Read 3275 times)

jon.shahen

Description:
When syncing in MusicBee, you have the option to sync playlists the user has saved.
The user, when creating playlists, has the ability to put their playlists into folders.
I would like for MusicBee to have a new checkbox option to allow for playlists to be uploaded to a device using the same folder structure as the folders used to store the playlists within MusicBee.

Proposed New Checkbox Location:
Anywhere in the Sync Settings page:

Other Images:
Notice that the folder structure is displayed when selecting the playlists

I have many folders and many playlists, the motivation behind this new option is that scrolling the long list of playlists on my mp3 player takes too long.

ned.niederlaender

Hello,

I organize my playlists using playlist folders. Is there a way to copy this structure in synchronization with my phone?

For clarification, this is how a typical playlist structure looks:
Playlist folder "Live" playlists "Al Jarreau - Look to the rainbow" and "Alicia Key - Unplugged" in it. Now I can synchronize the playlilsts easily to subfolders of the general "Playlists" folder on my phone, but I haven't found a way to have those stored below a new folder "Live".

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks a lot,
Ned

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

I'll going to move this to the Wishlist, because there's not currently a way.
Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 03:43:13 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

DannyParker

Any update on this?? I'm desperate for folders to be synched.

hentrop

+1 I would love to see this as well. I have hundreds of playlists, which takes a while to scroll through on my phone when they're all put into a single folder.