Author Topic: Moving over from iTunes... no way to enter lyrics?  (Read 2500 times)

RAMWolff

Hi,

So far I really like the program.  BUT one thing I really like about iTunes is that if you right click you can select Song Info and there is a lyrics tab.  You have a check box that you can check and enter the lyrics yourself.  So when MusicBee imported all of my iTunes stuff if the lyrics are there I can not locate where they would be.  If that info was not imported in is there an area to have the lyrics I can access quickly? 

Part of the reasoning for me wanting to make the switch are a couple of things... one is that iTunes insists on that white interface.  I'm older and like dark as it's easier on my eyes... secondly I got an email stating that Apple is retiring iTunes and have no plans to make an alternative for Windows when they release their trio of new apps for the MAC platform so that was that for me... I'm sure I can continue to use iTunes long after they do that but perhaps it's time for a change!   ;)

Thanks so much

Steven

• Administrator
If you display the lyrics (click the Track Info header if you are using the default config and select Lyrics)
then you can right click/ Edit Displayed Lyrics

RAMWolff

Thank you.  I can't find that in the banner but I did realize with a "DUH" moment that if I right click on a song and go to Edit menu there is a Lyrics tab and sure enough this brilliant program brought the lyrics over too. 

So one more question.. is there a way to make the fonts a bit bigger through out the program?  I looked and looked and can't find where to do that. 

Thanks again!

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
So one more question.. is there a way to make the fonts a bit bigger through out the program?  I looked and looked and can't find where to do that.  
Thanks again!

It's all here.....

https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Layout_Preferences

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I suggest you take a look at the wiki: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/The_Anatomy_of_MusicBee

You can customize just about everything, it's just a matter of figuring out where the setting is. Which with so many options can definitely take some digging, but you may stumble upon other features you didn't even know you needed in the process.

[Haha, jinx Freddy]
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

RAMWolff

OMG.. .so much better.  Thanks, y'all are the Bee's Knees!   :-*

RAMWolff

OK, one last question.. about there .... any way to move the Status Bar and Player Controls to the top?? I've selected to move it to the top and even restarted the program but it's still firmly on the bottom.  Went into the Panel Layout but dragging them up nothing happens.... I've even used various key's in hopes that was the trick like Ctrl + Left mouse button... nada.  If it's coded to stay on the bottom I'm good with that but I'd prefer those bits on top. 

Did figure out how to get the old fashioned menu bar back, I prefer that so happy with that little find. 

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I don't think you can move the status bar, but you definitely can put the player panel at the top.  Use the layout menu next to the search bar, choose Main Player Controls > Show in Top Pane
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

RAMWolff

SIGH... thank you.  I'll get the hang of this eventually!  LOL

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Like I said, it's a LOT of settings. I'm not sure why drag and drop in the layout window didn't work, though. It looked like it was working in my test.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

RAMWolff

How about docking the lyrics panel rather than accessing it in the Edit menu tabs?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
How about docking the lyrics panel rather than accessing it in the Edit menu tabs?

You can show lyrics as one of the sidebar panels. Is that what you mean?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

RAMWolff

Yes, that's what I mean.  Hmmm, I'll have to investigate that.