Author Topic: TrackPosition position  (Read 2598 times)

DoubtedEd

Hi, I'm a bit confused about how the position of the TrackPosition element works in bitmap skins.

I'm setting the left/top values, but these seem to apply to the right/bottom? Is there no way then to specify the position of this element using left/top? This would be convient for me as I'd like to position it to the right of the progress bar without having to take into account the width of the element.

I also have a couple of requests for this element. Could there be a space before the slash, as well as after it? Also could the leading 0 always be shown so the width of the element is constant for long tracks? Eg

Current: 0:00/ 3:19
Requested 00:00 / 03:19

Alowing the user to specify the format via %m, %s etc... in the xml would be a more generic fix, but not sure how easy that would be for you to implement.

DoubtedEd

Hmm, interesting. So it seems this behaviour is not limited to TrackPosition, it also applies to TrackRating. It also seems to depend on what side the element is relative to, so right side aligns with right and left side with left. This seems like smart behaviour, except for when you want to put one element next to another! Is there any flag to set that will override this and keep the left tag as left?

Sorry if this is all well documented somewhere, I couldn't find anything and am just trying things out.