Author Topic: Music Bee took a folder called 100 NEW WAVE HITS and made 83 albums out of it.  (Read 1931 times)

FunkNugget

How do I collapse this into ONE album?

It actually did this a bunch of times with compilation albums, but I just need to know how to fix it.

Bee kind, this is day 1, hour 3 for me on MusicBee.

Also, there is no TRACK view, so I cannot select and edit multiple tracks.  My view only lets me see one song at a time.

Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 02:01:38 AM by FunkNugget

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

It sounds like this FAQ entry might help you: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/FAQ#Why_are_tracks_from_the_same_album_shown_separately_in_my_library.3F

If that doesn't help you resolve it, more information on how your files are tagged and what sorting/grouping settings you're using would be helpful.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

FunkNugget

To clarify, I abandoned iTunes after 15 years, so I am used to seeing excel-like columns with the ability to multi-select.  Musicbee does not allow for either of those functions it seems.

frankz

You want Tracks view.  Sounds like you're in one of the album views.  At the upper-left of the main panel there should be a drop-down with the different views listed.

This helps:
https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/The_Anatomy_of_MusicBee

FunkNugget

Hi Frankz,
I was hoping that was supposed to be an option, but not for me.
I have these views available:
Album
Album Artist
Artist
Composer
Folder
Genre
Genre Category

Then other categories that lists alphabetically, that has no T headers, so it jumps from Sort Composer to YEAR.

I will guess that there is a pay-to-play version of this program that has TRACKS in it?

So, lets try this:

I see 83 albums in my left sidebar that say 100 Greatest New Wave Songs.  I can only select 1 at a time to see the track appear in my middle column where I can edit it.  No keyboard or gesture controls allow me to multi-select anything in the left column.
Therefore, I cannot manually combine these 83 albums into one cohesive one.
Also, I have about 1000 or so more tracks just like this, where Musicbee split up a compilation album, even though the source is a single folder.
Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 05:21:22 AM by FunkNugget

frankz

There is but one version.

You should really familiarize yourself with the anatomy of musicbee using the link I provided. You're taking about the thumbnail browser. I'm taking about the main panel as I stated.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This is the Tracks View frankz is talking about: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Tracks_View

This shows the menu to change it: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Panel_Views
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

FunkNugget

Funny story: new installs do not open with a Default View...which is why I was not seeing anything.
Think I got now.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The defaults may have changed since the documentation was written. You're welcome to update it!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

chatham

don't know if you fixed this but I thought I would how I fixed it.  I came across this issue as well particularly with compilation albums.

the easiest way I found is to do the following, assuming your using windows pc:

use windows explorer to open the folder of the music files you want to modify.  example: music/100 new wave hits

highlight all of the files in the folder

right click and choose properties

make sure/change album name is 100 new wave hits.  this will change all of the songs in that folder to be on one album / 100 new wave hits.  if you have albums for example, 100 hits of the 50's divide into each year of the 50's over ten folders, then you have to do each sub-folder.  in each sub-folder you would highlight all of the songs, right click and choose properties and name album 100 hits of the 50's, 1950.  then you need to make album artist 100 hits of the 50's.  this will make sure that all of the songs from your 100 hits of the 50's stays in the same category, 100 hits of the 50's.  then by naming the album artist by the year you will divide them into the  1950 thru 1959 years.  I hope this make sense.

this is by far the easiest way I have found to solve this issue and it works very well.  but you have to remember to not allow MB or another program to re-tag them.

chatham

the only problem with this is if MB has already tagged everything wrong (not how you have it organized in your folder) then you have to track down each track and do it in MB.  if you do it in windows explorer you can do all the tracks at one time. very fast and simple

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It's awkward breaking this conversation up across multiple threads, and will be confusing to future people doing searched on this topic. (Also harder on you, why write everything twice?)

Let folks follow the link to see the discussion.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)