Author Topic: Volume of radio stations reduced  (Read 860 times)

marob

I've added several radio stations to Musicbee and the volume is noticeably quieter, almost half of that of other sources of music.  The volume is normal when playing local mp3's from my collection.  Also, I've added some of the same radio stations to Winamp, and the volume is normal, so the issue is isolated to Musicbee.

sveakul

I listen to radio stations all the time and can tell you that there is no problem with MusicBee there.  With the same DSP settings, I usually have to INCREASE the volume for local mp3's.  Many stations are quieter because of the level they are being transmitted at by the source compared to other stations who crank up the DB.

What DSPs are you using?  Any kind of compressor/limiter/normalization?  What are your output settings (wasapi, DS, etc)?  How are you controlling your volume?  In your Windows volume mixer, check where MusicBee is at.

Also, please ensure you have updated to the latest 3.3x version of MusicBee.

frankz

Edit->Edit Preferences-Player and make sure "dynamically normalize volume of streams" is not checked.

Or, if it's already unchecked, check it and see if that makes a positive difference. 

marob

Thanks, frankz.  The "dynamically normalize volume of streams" was checked.  When I unchecked, all stations are now nice and loud.  I should note too, that I needed to restart the stream for the change to take effect.