Author Topic: How to stop all desktop notifications  (Read 2113 times)

DKDiveDude

How do I stop all desktop notifications?

Meaning if I start a new file from Windows Explorer by double-clicking or from within MusicBee, I do not want to see any desktop notifications what so ever.

Zak

• Global Moderator
If you mean the little window that shows you each track that starts playing, Edit > Edit Preferences > Now Playing and uncheck Show Popup in the Playback options.
Bee excellent to each other...

DKDiveDude

If you mean the little window that shows you each track that starts playing, Edit > Edit Preferences > Now Playing and uncheck Show Popup in the Playback options.

Yes I already did that and that works fine when I start a new song from within MusicBee.

However that setting does not prevent the to me annoying popup that appears when I start a new song from a Windows Explorer folder.

How do I get rid of that?

Zak

• Global Moderator
With that option unchecked, mine doesn't show any popups when I play a file from Windows Explorer.
If yours does (and you're running the latest version) you might have post a bug report.
Bee excellent to each other...

DKDiveDude

With that option unchecked, mine doesn't show any popups when I play a file from Windows Explorer.
If yours does (and you're running the latest version) you might have post a bug report.

Damn I am sorry, I worded it wrong.

I do actually not get a "regular" pop-up notification, what I meant is that when I click a new song from Windows Explorer, then in my Window taskbar, that in my case is hidden, becomes visible and the MusicBee icon in Taskbar flashes, and that is what I consider annoying.

So the problem is if MusicBee's developer can add a preferences setting or it is a Windows OS thing.