Author Topic: Philips Hue Plugin for MusicBee  (Read 7937 times)

TRoJAnV

Hi,

If you want to sync your light color to the current song you're playing, then check out this plugin I made.

https://github.com/TroyFernandes/MusicBee-Philips-Hue

I have a full writeup on the Github page including installation so check it out if you want to learn more. This is something I did as a personal project and its the first time I've ever made code with the intention of other people using it, so sorry if theres a few bugs. This is still a learning process for me.

If you do end up using it, let me know. I would like to know what you think. I plan on adding a feature to sync the beats to the lights, but we'll see how it goes.

Installation Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC_aEZKBmo4&feature=youtu.be
Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 10:38:51 PM by TRoJAnV

boroda

could you add this plugin to add-on section of main site?

KangNi

Hello TRoJAnV,

i'm very excited trying get your plugin working :D
Unfortunately there seems to be a problem with it.

I'm currently using MB Version: 3.2.6582
and your plugin with Version: 1.1.0

As soon I pressed the Save button in the settings dialog I get the following error:

MusicBee v3.2.6582.38854 (Win6.3), 20 Jan 2018 19:12:

SharpHue.HueApiException: method, GET, not available for resource, /
   bei SharpHue.JsonClient.Request(HttpMethod method, String apiPath, String data) in E:\Users\Troy F\Desktop\SharpHue-master\SharpHue\JsonClient.cs:Zeile 48.
   bei SharpHue.JsonClient.RequestSecure(HttpMethod method, String apiPath) in E:\Users\Troy F\Desktop\SharpHue-master\SharpHue\JsonClient.cs:Zeile 62.
   bei SharpHue.LightCollection.Refresh() in E:\Users\Troy F\Desktop\SharpHue-master\SharpHue\Lights\LightCollection.cs:Zeile 70.
   bei SharpHue.LightCollection..ctor() in E:\Users\Troy F\Desktop\SharpHue-master\SharpHue\Lights\LightCollection.cs:Zeile 34.
   bei MusicBeePlugin.SettingsComponent.SettingsSelector.listLightsButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Obviously several times wrong path variables used by your plugin.
The paths are seem only be valid on YOUR system.
Your could you check this please?

Greetings
Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 06:30:02 PM by KangNi

TRoJAnV

Hello TRoJAnV,

i'm very excited trying get your plugin working :D
Unfortunately there seems to be a problem with it.

I'm currently using MB Version: 3.2.6582
and your plugin with Version: 1.1.0

As soon I pressed the Save button in the settings dialog I get the following error:

MusicBee v3.2.6582.38854 (Win6.3), 20 Jan 2018 19:12:

SharpHue.HueApiException: method, GET, not available for resource, /
   bei SharpHue.JsonClient.Request(HttpMethod method, String apiPath, String data) in E:\Users\Troy F\Desktop\SharpHue-master\SharpHue\JsonClient.cs:Zeile 48.
   bei SharpHue.JsonClient.RequestSecure(HttpMethod method, String apiPath) in E:\Users\Troy F\Desktop\SharpHue-master\SharpHue\JsonClient.cs:Zeile 62.
   bei SharpHue.LightCollection.Refresh() in E:\Users\Troy F\Desktop\SharpHue-master\SharpHue\Lights\LightCollection.cs:Zeile 70.
   bei SharpHue.LightCollection..ctor() in E:\Users\Troy F\Desktop\SharpHue-master\SharpHue\Lights\LightCollection.cs:Zeile 34.
   bei MusicBeePlugin.SettingsComponent.SettingsSelector.listLightsButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Obviously several times wrong path variables used by your plugin.
The paths are seem only be valid on YOUR system.
Your could you check this please?

Greetings

I put out a new version. v1.1.1. Did you try this version?

I made a mistake when saving the settings file and fixed it with this release. If it still dosen't work let me know. I'm not too sure what I would have to change in how the dll's are added as I was under the assumption they get compiled and outputted to the debug/release folder. I'm fairly new to C# so if you know the answer I would love to know.

KangNi

Great - finally I've got it working  ;) - Thank You for that contribution.

Looking forward to see more functionality in terms of music visualization.

Thank You once more and Greetings.

MateuszZero

Philips Hue 1.1.1

208/5000
It seems to be about
Just-In-Time Debugger
which must be enabled by Visual Studio, but nobody has said whether by code or enterprise
I am asking for help in this project, there is no green idea about Visual Studio

?

phred

• Global Moderator
I moved your post to the plug-in's thread so the author might have a better chance of seeing it. But since he hasn't been on the forum since September of 2018, it would seem that this project has been abandoned.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here