Author Topic: can i add metadata in the play top panel ?  (Read 1819 times)

gaiastar

Hi
i'm running 3.2.6827 but i have update to MusicBee_Setup_3_3_7077 , i guess it's the last version
don't know if there is a beta

but i would like to add Artist ,down album , down song and file format

i know i can do it ,but i can find the topic about editing the preferences , and in the option there is nothing

may i know if can i do with MusicBee_Setup_3_3_7077 ? i use the portable version and i have downlaoded it from from here

is the right file for the portable version?

if there is a beta that let to use windows 10 notification too , i would like to know how edit the preferences

there is a screenshot ,because english is not my native language
thanks

MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

sveakul

Hi gaiastar:  right-click the bar shown in your screenshot and select  "Panel Layout->Show Track Details on Multiple Lines;"  then right-click the bar again and choose the now activated  "Panel Layout->Customize" and use the field boxes to add parameters to the display.
Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 07:05:56 PM by sveakul

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm not 100% certain I understand what you're asking for, but I -think- you want more than just the title and artist to appear. And you can do it by right-clicking in the panel near where you have the arrow in your screen shot > Panel Layout > enable Show Track Details on Multiple Lines and then > Customize > add the tags you want to appear. Note that you're limited to two lines and you can't control the font size. I can't recall if this was/is available in 3.2, but my suggestion is to patch to the latest 3.3 anyway. For lack of a better term it's a very stable beta and work will begin in the not too distant future on 3.4.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

gaiastar

I'm not 100% certain I understand what you're asking for, but I -think- you want more than just the title and artist to appear. And you can do it by right-clicking in the panel near where you have the arrow in your screen shot > Panel Layout > enable Show Track Details on Multiple Lines and then > Customize > add the tags you want to appear. Note that you're limited to two lines and you can't control the font size. I can't recall if this was/is available in 3.2, but my suggestion is to patch to the latest 3.3 anyway. For lack of a better term it's a very stable beta and work will begin in the not too distant future on 3.4.

hi
i haven't it , it's weird
should i change something in the preferences to enable it?

and

sveakul

Try moving the bar to the bottom panel;  do the options show up then?

Steven

• Administrator
for custom bitmap skins, multi-line player panel text is only available if that skin supports it.
For single line player panel text, that can be configured in the Now Playing preferences

gaiastar

Try moving the bar to the bottom panel;  do the options show up then?
hi
i guess i had to edit , add something to the skin

edit: i found it here here

quote  Redwing
Yes, skins ending in xmlc need to have the skin setting enabled when created. But for BeeTunes, it seems working fine if just the setting is added.

Create an xml file with the following code and put it in the same folder as Beetunes and load it instead.
Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<root dependsOn="BeeTunes.xmlc">
<element id="PlayerMultilineSupported">true</element>
</root>
thanks

for custom bitmap skins, multi-line player panel text is only available if that skin supports it.
For single line player panel text, that can be configured in the Now Playing preferences
hi Steven
i get it , i guess the skins i tried don't allow to add a second line
thnaks
Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 07:56:50 PM by gaiastar

sveakul

Good find on that code, gaiastar!  Thanks for posting about the solution so others may benefit.
Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 08:50:47 PM by sveakul