Author Topic: Artist Names Starting with Numbers  (Read 977 times)

donebb

I have a few artists, 10cc, 3 Doors Down, etc, in my collection that start with numbers. They do not show up in MusicBee. I have tried ReScanning and they still don't show. When I Rescan, I don't get any kind of progress meter or any indication that anything is happening. Maybe that's not working right?
I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Bizy

Hé Donebb,

Have you checked the difference between 'Artist' and 'Album artist' (in tags)?
Also:  have you checked the 'sort as'-function?

b.
Full installer Version 3_4_7805
Portable Editon 3_4_7805 P

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If it matters, MusicBee typically sorts numbers before letters, which I know is the opposite of iTunes, and maybe others.

If that doesn't help, what I would suggest is using MusicBee's computer node to locate the file in it's folder. Then you can right click on it and select "send to".

Whichever of the "send to" options is grayed out is where MusicBee thinks the track is in your library. That will give us a better idea of how to proceed.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

jasongnome

MusicBee puts numbers before letters, as previously stated, but I have many artists starting with numbers and all of them display perfectly.

I'd check you're using the corrent tags. Album Artist is for the main artist in the album Artist is the artist(s) on the specific track.

I use both tags every time even when they're the same.

donebb

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I'll try something else.