Author Topic: Functions available in Titles  (Read 2457 times)

Mattit

It would be nice if we could do a bulk rename/reorganize of the titles using the same methodology as the filenames. I have a lot of audiobooks that have oddball titles that represent Disk/Track IDs from the initial rip. Rather than manually going through and manually typing "Track xx" on each one, it would be VERY handy to simply have a function to do "Track "<Track#> (or any custom title that can be utilized). I'd even be keen on a single "Enumerate track titles" option where it auto-names to the example I just shared.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can probably achieve that with the Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools plug-in, which offers many built-in bulk rename options as well as the option to make your own.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

jippijip

The way I've gotten around stuff like this is to use a virtual tag called "Display title" that implements the functions I want to use. If you want, you could then use Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools to copy the value of that tag to title, or you could just use Display Title.

Bizy

@Jippijip:  I would like to use your workaround.  Yet, have no idea how to create such virtual tags.  
(I've been googling and searching the Wiki and the forum but don't find what I want.)

Could you help me to create virtual tags for the following templates:
1/  <Artist> - <Title> - <Track#> - <Album>
2/  <Artist> - <Title> - <Album>
3/  <Artist> - <Title>

In case you (or somebody else) helps me:  thank you very much!
b.
Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 06:40:24 AM by Bizy
Full installer Version 3_4_7805
Portable Editon 3_4_7805 P

jippijip

Assuming the prerequisite tags are properly formatted, the virtual tag formulas you provided should actually work!

To be clear, what I mean is that, if entered into a virtual tag formula

1/  <Artist> - <Title> - <Track#> - <Album>
2/  <Artist> - <Title> - <Album>
3/  <Artist> - <Title>

will take the tags that you're requesting and combine them into one tag, separated by hyphens. Here's an example of the first one implemented in the virtual tag editor:

This is an interesting problem, so I'm happy to keep helping. Any more details about how your stuff is formatted and exactly what you'd like out?

Bizy

Thanks, Jippijip!

Actually, all I needed to know was that I could just...  paste these templates as definitions of a virtual tag... (I assumed there was more code needed for that... but nope :-) )

b.
Full installer Version 3_4_7805
Portable Editon 3_4_7805 P

Zak

• Global Moderator
Not to take anything away from the most excellent MusicBee, but you'll find mass tagging tasks like this much easier in Mp3tag:

https://www.mp3tag.de/en/
Bee excellent to each other...