Author Topic: Problems Importing "Date Added" Data  (Read 972 times)

wavedash

I'm trying to import my library from foobar. I've managed to get a lot of stuff over, including most Playback Statistics stuff like Rating and Play Count, by exporting an iTunes library from MusicBee and editing the XML.

However, I'm having problems importing Date Added. I see lines like this in the XML, but editing it and importing the XML doesn't update the Date Added shown in MusicBee.

<key>Date Added</key><date>2019-05-13T18:43:16Z</date>

How can I get this imported to MusicBee?

redwing

If you can bulk copy those values to a text file or to the clipboard, then you will be able to bulk paste to date added field using Additional Tagging Tools plugin. After installing the plugin, use copy tags command.

wavedash

If you can bulk copy those values to a text file or to the clipboard, then you will be able to bulk paste to date added field using Additional Tagging Tools plugin. After installing the plugin, use copy tags command.
This sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how exactly the copy/paste tags tool works. I tried to copy tags and then paste it into a text document, but nothing happened. I think I could get this to work if I could paste tags as plain text, but it seems like the feature only works for directly copying tags from one track to another.

redwing

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but there's also copy/paste tags to clipboard commands which can copy/paste to text file.

wavedash

My mistake, I had copied the plugin into the MusicBee folder, but didn't activate it through the preferences menu. Didn't realize I was missing out on so much stuff.

Thank you, Additional Tagging Tools did the trick with copy and paste from clipboard.