Author Topic: [low priority] Inconsistency with track info panel links  (Read 1020 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I have two pinned tabs, one of which is locked to playlists, the other of which is not locked.

My Track Info panel has these four lines:

$If(criteria,stuff,<Title>)
<Artist>
$If(optional bits)<Album>
<Genre>

When I'm in the unlocked tab, both the <Artist> and <Album> lines generate a link that filters the library, as expected.

In the locked tab, I had noticed that <Artist> doesn't create link, which I figured was because the tab was locked and it wouldn't work. Fair enough. But then I realized that <Album> *does* still create a link, and when I click it, it launches the filter in a new tab. So why doesn't <Artist> do the same?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

I don't think it would have anything to do with lock state since searching from all my locked tabs are working fine.
Your descriptions of the panel settings don't seem to be accurate, especially the third line which won't create a clickable link due to wrong syntax.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I don't think it would have anything to do with lock state since searching from all my locked tabs are working fine.
Your descriptions of the panel settings don't seem to be accurate, especially the third line which won't create a clickable link due to wrong syntax.

Well, other than taking out the guts of the $If statements for readability, it's copy & pasted from settings. Dunno how it could get more accurate.

Maybe I'm wrong about the cause, that's just the main difference I observe. The other big difference on the playlist tab is that the left sidebar is hidden but the playlist directory is shown.
Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 02:19:59 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

No, that shouldn't make any differences.

What I was suggesting was you should check the track info panel settings to see if there's any typo in a field name or wrong syntax.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
So I figured out the problem. It WAS the function syntax in the one tab, but only because for some reason that particular tab was using a MUCH older version of my settings.

I'm not sure how that happened, because I haven't changed those settings in ages, at least a year. Definitely not since i started maintaining the two tabs.

redwing, I think you'll find that as long as the album or artist tag is outside of the functions, that you can still use functions in the settings and the link will work.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)