Author Topic: Playlist Relative Path Not Working  (Read 2409 times)

anon7349

MusicBee doesn't use relative paths for playlist files ".m3u".

I've got a Music folder "D:\Music" and I've got a way to synchronize everything in the folder to my android phone. While my android phone can read, write, reorganize playlist files ".m3u" with relative paths, MusicBee can only read and doesn't use relative paths when updating the playlist files.

So then MusicBee can read playlist files with relative paths but when modifying them MusicBee converts all relative paths to absolute paths automatically therefore my android phone cannot understand the playlist files anymore because MusicBee doesn't want to use relative paths.

I keep my playlist files ".m3u" with all my songs in the same folder.

Please fix it so that MusicBee can use relative paths and not just for exporting but for storing too.

My Settings in MusicBee:

Example playlist file that MusicBee can read but has not yet updated/modified:

My music folder with the playlist along with all the songs that the playlist contains:

Playlist file after MusicBee modifies it. (in this case adding 7 rings to the playlist):

Thank you for reading.
Please fix this, or if it's not a bug please add the option.

Steven

• Administrator
the relative paths setting only applies to exported playlists, including when synchronising to a device

anon7349

the relative paths setting only applies to exported playlists, including when synchronising to a device

I understand, but I am asking for it to apply to the way MusicBee stores it. I am using third party program for complete folder sync.

Do you know what I mean?
I think the images made it pretty clear. The forth image should be in relative paths if it is to work with my phone's program.

anon7349

I understand, but I am asking for it to apply to the way MusicBee stores it. I am using third party program for complete folder sync.

Do you know what I mean?
I think the images made it pretty clear. The forth image should be in relative paths if it is to work with my phone's program.

My phone's music player (Poweramp) uses playlists without using absolute paths, uses relative paths thus allowing multidevice multiprogram support.

redwing

Each playlist has auto-export option. Then you could use mbp format for library playlists and whenever you're updating a playlist, that would export a relative-path m3u playlist.

anon7349

I have another problem though even if I manually export playlists it does NOT save with relative paths... Please I don't know what the problem is.

EDIT: Found out that it can only be done in MBP format. how unfortunate.
Still no way to do this properly and efficiently unless you guys add support for storing playlists directly in .m3u relative paths. Like in the image below:
Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 08:30:38 PM by anon7349

redwing

What's the problem? Doesn't it export relative-path m3u playlists?

phred

• Global Moderator
I sync to two different (Android) devices and use .m3u format and relative file paths. No problem whatsoever. You need to enable relative file paths for playlist storage in device settings. From your screenshot you're setting it under library playlists exported.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

I am using third party program for complete folder sync.

You could exclude mbp files from syncing, and even if it's not possible and they have to get copied too, they'll be probably harmless since your android player won't read those files.