Author Topic: Odd Playlist Behavior  (Read 1535 times)

deraudrl

Might just be a coupe of non-obvious settings, but I've noticed two things that puzzle me:

1. First situation is, I'm playing a long playlist and hit 'Pause' in the middle of a track. When I come back later and hit 'Play', it starts up where it left off, plays about a few seconds, then jumps to the start of the next track in the playlist. It's not consistent, in the sense that, if "later" is only a minute or two, it works as expected, finishing the track that was in progress. Typically "later" is several hours or the next day: this laptop is hooked to the living room stereo and pretty much dedicated to MB. And I don't know if it does it on my other machines, since I don't normally use them in this fashion.

2. Second, when it gets to the end of a playlist, it doesn't "rewind". I know there's a setting to repeat a playlist continuously, but I'd expect when it finishes the last track of a playlist and stops, I can hit 'Play' again and the playlist will restart at the beginning: at least that's how every other player I've used works. What happens is, it simply replays the last track again and stops.

It's running on Win10/64, whatever version was current when I installed it in February. Neither of these are deal-breakers, just annoyances.

deraudrl

Vaguely related question, while I'm on the subject of playlists: is there a setting to make the playlist track listing (center panel) auto-scroll to follow the currently-playing track?

(Or at least change the color of the current track so I have a fighting chance of seeing it when I scroll manually? That little speaker icon to the left of the current track might as well be invisible.)

redwing

For #1, do you mean when it awakes from sleep mode?

For #2, that's how MB is supposed to work. If you want to repeat the playlist, turn repeat on, or right click the playlist> Play now.

For highlighting playing track, see:

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22491.0
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=8609.0

deraudrl

For #1, do you mean when it awakes from sleep mode?
Nope, I've got that machine locked so it never goes into sleep mode. I just expect that when I resume a track that was paused, it will play it until the end.
For #2, that's how MB is supposed to work. If you want to repeat the playlist, turn repeat on, or right click the playlist> Play now.
If you say so, but that's not how the other software (and hardware) players I've used work. Replaying the last track is not particularly useful behavior.

The problem is, I can pause/play from where I sit to listen to music with the remote widget I have attached to that laptop. It's a pretty versatile remote but it's limited by what I can see it on that 11" screen from 15' away with very old eyes. (There's also the option of hitting 'Previous" a couple hundred times...um, no.) Sounds like the path of least resistance is leaving 'repeat' turned on, I'm just not sure how annoying that could turn out to be in other circumstances. We shall see.

For highlighting playing track, see:

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22491.0
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=8609.0
Thanks, that first one sounds like it may be the right answer.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
2. Second, when it gets to the end of a playlist, it doesn't "rewind". I know there's a setting to repeat a playlist continuously, but I'd expect when it finishes the last track of a playlist and stops, I can hit 'Play' again and the playlist will restart at the beginning: at least that's how every other player I've used works. What happens is, it simply replays the last track again and stops.

I would support starting over from the top of Playing Tracks as a wishlist request.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)