Author Topic: Custom search for local library in Music Explorer tab  (Read 1090 times)

chloevo

Currently, Music Explorer only searches for artists (in local library) that have their name started with the keyword. I hope we have the ability to switch search rule to containing the keyword. So when I search for BTS, 방탄소년단 (BTS) from local library will returns as a result instead of only BTS from iTunes.

The big reason I request this is because when I search for 방탄, 방탄소년단 (BTS) from local library will appear as a result and it's linked to BTS on iTunes/Last.fm despite not having identical name (because iTunes/Last.fm know 방탄소년단 is BTS), everything is good. But when I search for BTS, as there is no artist names starting with BTS in local library, it shows only results from iTunes. And this time, BTS is not linked to the local library (because no results from there).
Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 06:09:44 PM by chloevo

redwing

+1

I think the underlying issue is it has some discrepancies between iTunes Store and last.fm with regard to handling aliases/variants of artist name. But if the search result includes artists in the library as well and shows all of them containing the search term regardless of a possible overlap between listed artists, probably the issue will be resolved.