Author Topic: 2 Questions  (Read 5397 times)

Tony1

Which element controls the color of the caption bar? I'm trying to change the color of the caption bar in a XML skin.

How do I get elements/tabs to be displayed next to each other instead of stacked in the sidebar?

redwing

Which element controls the color of the caption bar? I'm trying to change the color of the caption bar in a XML skin.

You will need to supply an image for the caption bar (mainly FormBorderTop except the left/right edge). See the following as some other guides have wrong dimensions.

The border image sizes should be as follows.

FormBorderTop ------------------------------------------------- 1x28 [pixels]
FormBorderTopRight , FormBorderTopLeft ------------------ 5x28
FormBorderRight , FormBorderLeft  -------------------------- 4x1
FormBorderBottomRight , FormBorderBottomLeft ---------- 4x4
FormBorderBottom  -------------------------------------------- 1x4

How do I get elements/tabs to be displayed next to each other instead of stacked in the sidebar?

Go to View> Arrange Panels and find "stack" setting for which you will need to tick the first one to display elements as tabs.

Tony1

How do I turn an image into a code, and the image itself needs to be 1x28 pixels?

I have "ticked elements are displayed as tabs" ticked, it simplifies the header but the tabs do not align side by side they are still being stacked.

redwing

Google "image to base64" and add the converted code.

Did you tick each element too in the sidebar settings?

Tony1

Everything is good with the caption bar, big help, thanks.

Yes I have 3 elements I want displayed as tabs ticked in the right sidebar and "ticked elements are displayed as tabs" is ticked.
Each element is still stacked I have tried using the panel splitter, restarting the pc and everything that is obvious.

redwing

Now I see you want all those elements displayed side by side in the sidebar. That's not possible.
You can request it on the wishlist sub-forum, if you want.

Tony1

I'm trying to get a view similar to to the one you have in the right sidebar of your grey skin picture. It looks like the elements you have selected are displayed side by side. what you settings are you using in your grey skin picture?

Tony1

I have no check boxes to be ticked on the right side of the element.

redwing

Are you using a high DPI scaling greater than 100% for your display?

Tony1

Yes I'm using a high dpi as soon as I saw the right side check boxes missing I adjusted the dpi to 100% and re launched MusicBee. Still no check boxes on the right side of the elements.

redwing

What version of MB are you running?

redwing

Yes I'm using a high dpi as soon as I saw the right side check boxes missing I adjusted the dpi to 100% and re launched MusicBee. Still no check boxes on the right side of the elements.

You need to reboot your machine to apply a new DPI setting to MB.

Tony1

redwing

If the issue persists even after a reboot, post a screenshot of your arrange panel settings panel in full size. That will help Steven to fix the issue.