Author Topic: Support back mouse button  (Read 8106 times)

carloscs

It seems like the back mouuse button is not supported.

Example:

Main Panel with Artwork view -> double click -> View with single album selected.

Pressing the back mouse button does nothing, while pressing backspace or the back toolbar button works.

kuehly

I think it's way worse. The back button does something, but not what I want it to do. It seems to go back one song in the playlist, i.e. like the "<<" button. That's really annoying when you are trying to create a playlist while listening to songs in the playlist. You double-click on an album to see the individual songs, add one or two to the playlist and click on the back button of the mouse and... ahhh.... no... the music stops and switches to a different song. I only wanted to go back to the album view, like in a browser.

I'd really like to have an option to disable switching songs based on the back/forward buttons of the mouse.

boroda

The behavior you want is just old MB one :) Steven has changed it some time ago and I really miss old style

Steven

• Administrator
i've made it configurable in the hotkey preferences, so you can assign an action to the 2 mouse buttons
i will need someone to test this as i dont have a 5 button mouse
Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 11:02:49 AM by Steven

ma_t14

i've made it configurable in the hotkey preferences, so you can assign an action to the 2 mouse buttons
i will need someone to test this as i dont have a 5 button mouse

I have a 5 button mouse, Steven, send me a link to the update when you can so I can test.

Steven

• Administrator
could you also test from the mini-player which has special mouse handling - of course from the mini-player and compact player, when the button has been assigned to navigate back/forward then it does nothing

http://www.mediafire.com/?h7yay523twt3zom

this version also has some performance improvements for resizing/layout changes when the artist profile is displayed

ma_t14

It seems to be working but ONLY when MusicBee is in focus. Any way to make the hotkeys global?

cartman005

I'm one of the users who requested the original change. Every other player uses the mouse buttons to skip songs. I don't know about you guys but I that way more than changing views.

ma_t14

I'm one of the users who requested the original change. Every other player uses the mouse buttons to skip songs. I don't know about you guys but I that way more than changing views.

Then its all good now that we have a choice  ;D

Steven

• Administrator
it might be possible but before i try i would like to know whether its supported in other players as a global assignment.
Normally i would expect mouse buttons to only act on the in focus application

Skoop

Correct.  Leave it as is, focus-specific.  Thanks for this improvement.

Edit:  I find that the forward button doesn't forward the window, it bumps the track by one in the playing album.
Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 06:50:24 PM by Skoop

ma_t14

Correct.  Leave it as is, focus-specific.  Thanks for this improvement.

Edit:  I find that the forward button doesn't forward the window, it bumps the track by one in the playing album.

Confirmed (I guess most are using it for play previous/next after all  ;D)

Steven

• Administrator
i dont have a mouse to test this with but i cant see how its possible, so could you confirm in your settings file (help/support/view settings) that
HotkeysMouseX2 is set to: GeneralGoForward

ma_t14

i dont have a mouse to test this with but i cant see how its possible, so could you confirm in your settings file (help/support/view settings) that
HotkeysMouseX2 is set to: GeneralGoForward

Yes confirmed, but still it acts like "play next track"

Steven

• Administrator