Author Topic: Error when adding files to playlist  (Read 967 times)

boris

Since moving to Windows 10, I have been experiencing intermittent issues with modifying playlists.  Right now, one playlist is being particularly stubborn and I can't add anything to it at all.  Here is the error output (with the playlist file path edited for privacy).  

MusicBee v3.3.7052.32107 (Win10.0), 26 Apr 2019 16:31:

#=zCm_jlXqojqin4hmN2$rqgIw=+#=zhdGcoCjemWO7+#=zr5Xu6YrAO7PJ: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. [*folder path*\playlist.m3u]
   at #=zCm_jlXqojqin4hmN2$rqgIw=.#=zhdGcoCjemWO7.#=zCMpeRYQ=.#=zhMRCW9dmtpJS(#=zBcACJC4dkMpBxZUcZg== #=z5iurmoM=, FileMode #=zUuH_rKw=, FileAccess #=zlVFc1$s=, FileShare #=zHuGCNBY=, Int32 #=zW_3FDsE=, Boolean #=zCBbpa99s_XsE)
   at #=z178JtPIbn4KK6ndUk1Il$bDsFbDj.#=zhMRCW9dmtpJS(#=zBcACJC4dkMpBxZUcZg== #=z5iurmoM=, FileMode #=zUuH_rKw=, FileAccess #=zlVFc1$s=, Int32 #=zW_3FDsE=)
   at #=zGZR0Nrig_6GVS4YAlgjjFcw=.#=z$YcPUv0=(List`1 #=zWJmDr50=)
   at #=zGZR0Nrig_6GVS4YAlgjjFcw=.#=zPLRto5A=(IList`1 #=zWJmDr50=)
   at #=zc7Dq5voZbtbNY3cZzd_1k3t_Onmm.#=zdhr3ASVPJA6m(#=zulo0opTWZnuTpvvKd3kRzI4= #=z4oIkusA=, List`1 #=zWJmDr50=, List`1 #=zI50Kx0qRG9e$)
   at #=zc7Dq5voZbtbNY3cZzd_1k3t_Onmm.#=zSvZHigcOun0y.#=qHIOJlFo2DGgK1oJJK_y7V5YtUfbtkYEUtxxaBmSEllE=._Lambda$__0(List`1 #=zEu_A1caAfFcY)

boris

I'd like to add that the playlist file (.m3u) is not not actually being used by another process.  In fact, I can go to the playlist file in Windows Explorer and edit in another program  such as Notepad.  This problem, when it happens, persists even after closing and reopening the MusicBee program.

Steven

• Administrator
The error means another process has the file open so MB cant save the changes. All the things you say dont prove anything.
If you cant figure out what has the file open, restart your computer

boris

Thanks for the reply.  That still seems weird given that I can edit the file in another program without any problems but I will admit my own ignorance about how the Windows file system works.  As an experiment, I tried poking around for other processes that could possibly be locking files in the background without my knowledge.  It looks like the culprit may be Google Backup and Sync.  I don't know why it should need to randomly lock files but as soon as I ended the task, MusicBee was able to edit the playlists.  It's still frustrating, but for now, it seems that you're right and the evidence points toward something other than MusicBee.