Author Topic: android  (Read 4057 times)

selkov

Does anyone know of an android music player that can share ratings with Musicbee?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

selkov

O that syncs my files via wifi. My desktop pc does no support WiFi. I am looking for a USB / MTP connection or a stand alone music player that shares the ratings.

frankz

Only the android device needs to be on Wifi.  The PC can be wired to the same network as the wifi.

selkov

Still cant get this to go.
1st - can i hotspot into the desktop pc ?

2nd - I downloaded the app to the phone updated the pc to  3.3.7052 ran the program, added my phone to the hot spot, plugged in via usb changed the setting in MB to read MTP and I can see my phone sd card and music.  Ran the app and it tells me to enable wifi transfer but I can find no such function to enable.

frankz

Enable Wifi is on the Device preferences screen (Edit->Edit Preferences->Devices) as stated in the post you were linked to earlier.

The PC and the android device need to be on the same network as I stated earlier.  

Instructions:
- In the MusicBee Device preferences panel, tick the "enable Wifi transfer with Android devices"
- make sure you allow MusicBee when windows firewall prompts
- on your Android device, run the Wifi sync app
- select whether you want to sync to your Internal memory or to an external SD Card (if available)
- then click "Locate Server"
- MusicBee must be running for this to work and windows firewall permission granted
- you only need to do this once
- only connections from your private network are supported
- the app error log can be viewed from the action bar/ Error Log menu item

selkov

This is where I went  (Edit->Edit Preferences->Devices). I  have no option to enable wifi.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This is where I went  (Edit->Edit Preferences->Devices). I  have no option to enable wifi.

What version are you running? This is a new feature so you may need to apply the current patch (see my signature).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
If you don't have the 'enable wifi transfer' option showing, you're not on the latest version of MB.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

selkov

I do not have that option and I am running 3.3.7052.

selkov

I opened the link you attached and copied the files over into the MB directory. I know have that option. But now it keeps telling me that the sd card location does not exist and to reset it in device but I can see the files from the folder tree. I ran the app  and  it still  does not see the server. no firewall prompt comes  up.https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lwVfugRbHUUKOzObZIO4cvaNUijca9Ej
Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 10:12:11 PM by selkov

selkov

I wonder if I am following the wrong path.  All I want to be able to do is listen to music on my android, set the rating and see it in music bee on my desktop.    Why is this being so difficult?   Does anyone have a solution?

redwing

All I want to be able to do is listen to music on my android, set the rating and see it in music bee on my desktop.    Why is this being so difficult?

I don't know what to say, but as far as I know no programs can do such a thing except a few that have their own PC / mobile versions. MB will be the first Windows program that supports 2-way sync with GMMP and PowerAmp when Steven finishes developing the feature. So don't say like it's a universal feature all other programs easily support.

Regarding your issue, did you try resetting your storage setting? Also try deleting the device profile from the Preferences> Devices and reconnect your phone after restarting MB to see if that helps.

If the issue persists, report your issue on the Steven's wifi sync thread.