Author Topic: Locking Playlists  (Read 2051 times)

chrisdivine

Please consider a way 2 lock a certain playlist 2 protect it against unintended change.
Thank U.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1, this would be great. Too late for me already, but I could have used this to preserve some of my mixes.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
What if you made the file read-only? That might provide a temporary solution until (if) Steven adds something within MB.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
What if you made the file read-only? That might provide a temporary solution until (if) Steven adds something within MB.

More / similar tips here:-
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=27239.msg152656#msg152656

chrisdivine

That´s a good idea, thank you. Neverthereless i would prefer a solution within the application, that is more convinient.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This just came up again for me because I put a lot of work into making playlists from some cds that friends gave me. Making the file read-only DOES seem to work, although it's kludgy. MusicBee throws an error if you try to reorder tracks, and if one is deleted the entry is still there, just with the path of the missing file. Those are the things I care about, preserving playlist size/order and a minimal amount of data about missing tracks. I'll have to see if I can reconstruct some of the old playlists I lost through carelessness, now.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Ok, I've found the down side. Of course if you move tracks to the library from the inbox or they make any other move, the playlist "loses" them because it can't adjust the file paths, and there's no way to fix it without turning off the read-only setting. So if this were implemented as a feature, allowing tracks to be moved/replaced would be the key difference over using read only, I think.
Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 07:56:26 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)