Author Topic: Podcasts: The specified file could not be encrypted  (Read 755 times)

alrich68

This is an odd one. I set up my subscription to Mysterious Universe last week and MusicBee happily downloaded all the available episodes. I go to update my downloads with 2 new episodes today and the download completes with this error: The specified file could not be encrypted [C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\Downloads]. The streams will play, but not download any longer.

Steven

• Administrator
i am afraid i have no idea what this message means. Are you translating the word to "encrypted" ?

alrich68

Nope. If you look at the downloads while they are downloading this exact error comes up...here a screenshot.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj52dBuXYLzSgZlwEQYaxZinyzQrxA

I told it was odd. It worked for a while and now it doesn't.

alrich68

Tested on another podcast from a different source and I get the same error.

alrich68

SOLVED:

I uninstalled the Windows 10 Store app and reinstalled the non-store application and lo and behold, it works again. I forgot that I had changed to the Win 10 Store app. Looks like this might be an issue with that app. I might test it with a clean Windows 10 Store app on my laptop to see if I can get it to start back up and will document what I had to do to make it fail again.