Author Topic: Getting error and reboot with MusicBee  (Read 654 times)

Frozen

So this happens with MusicBee.
Recently, I had a crash while running MusicBee and I had to unistall it and reinstall it cause there was no way of fixing it. Everytine I try to add a new library my computer freezes and reboots instantly. I think MusicBee have generated an error in my secondary disc (where is my music library). I like this program and I don´t wanna change to another but I don´t have space in my primary disc to put the library. So I need to buy another disc? Cause, I don´t really know what to do. Similar happened with other programs except wimamp but I don´t like it, I like this one.
I don´t know what type of error my disc has now but I´ve run some programs and the results were: You don´t have an error in your disc!
This is strange...

Thanks

sveakul

By "Library" are you referring to your physical collection of music files, or the data file MusicBeeLibrary.mbl where all the paths to those files and their tags/characteristics are stored?

By your description, it sounds like either your primary drive or the one your music files are stored on may have bad sectors.

What version of MusicBee are you using---Portable, Installer, or Windows Store?  OS?

Frozen

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's the place were I have all my music. I've run 2 different programs and both "said" that my disks don't have bad sectors.

However, more than a month with this problem I have solved it yesterday... Sord of...
I am using latest musicbee version in windows 7 and instead of opening only the file were all my music files are stored, I've opened it but selected all the subfiles in there instead and it worked. The computer didn't reboot and nothing happened. It could be a file there that is causing this but I don't know, if the programs that I've used said I had bad sectors I'd probably buy other disk...

Once again, thanks for the reply. Lets see if nothing happens again when I try to add new music files in the future.

Cheers.