Author Topic: External Hard Drive failed - can't remove entries in library to old drive  (Read 1269 times)

AkronChris

Had 11,000 files on an external drive that failed.  Bought a new drive and started over.  Problem is I have 11,000 files in Music Bee that I cannot seem to get rid of.  Scanning doesn't seem to affect them despite the fact that "remove missing files" is checked....(tried unchecking as well).   Can't delete the entries manually, just get an error message.  Even tried to uninstall and reinstall but the old library entries persisted.

Where the hex is the CLEAR LIBRARY button at??????

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

You can find the .mbl file on your drive and delete it, if there's nothing in the library you want to keep.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

AkronChris

The drive is inaccessible.  I had my IT guy try to salvage the data on it and he said it was trash.  I can't delete or access anything that was on that drive.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If MusicBee is running then you have a library, which is an .mbl file, somewhere on your existing drive. Just search for *.mbl in File Explorer.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

captain_paranoia

The drive is inaccessible.

He means your install drive; probably C: Not the failed external drive.

Look in the MusicBee folders on your PC's system drive.

AkronChris

Oh, duh, right.  My bad.

Okay I deleted the .mbl file.  Now when I open Music Bee I get a message saying my library was corrupted and it has been loaded from the last saved backup.  Looks like it recreates the .mbl file.

Is there a backup somewhere I need to delete as well?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Okay I deleted the .mbl file.  Now when I open Music Bee I get a message saying my library was corrupted and it has been loaded from the last saved backup.  Looks like it recreates the .mbl file.

Is there a backup somewhere I need to delete as well?

Ha, sorry, I didn't think of that. You can either find the .bak file that should be in the same directory with the .mbl file and delete it too, or you can try holding Shift when you start MB, which should give you a prompt to create a new library.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)